• 73(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Does anyone have Media Companion working with season names that are years?

For example:

Media Watch
World Series of Poker

MC doesn't seem to the the year as a true season.

is this supported?
(2012-05-10, 13:34)ff9b034cd2 Wrote: Does anyone have Media Companion working with season names that are years?
For example:
Media Watch
World Series of Poker
MC doesn't seem to the the year as a true season.
is this supported?
Yes.
Sorry, I was a bit facetious (too much Jenna Marbles!)
As long as the episode is in the right format, it scrapes fine, eg. s2010e01.vid.
I tried both the examples given and both worked. Specifically, I had episodes in two season folders, 'Season 2010' and 'Season 2011' but I think you can just dump all the episodes in the show folder if you want to.
Media Watch kinda suct 'cos there isn't a lot on TheTVDb about it until 2011, but you're able to fill in whatever details you want.
Hope this helps. More.
Anyone else notice it's not scrapping tv shows for the last couple of days? It bombed out on me mid library scan (mid twenties out of 30+ things to pick up out of thousands of folders to scan.

It got most of them, but others it cannot scrape at the minute. Even manually sleecting them since, I get this.
With File : T:\NCIS Los Angeles\Season 00\S00E03 - Pa Make Loa (1)\Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E21.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Detected : Season : 00 Episode : 03
Season : 00
Episode: 03
Multipart episode found:
Season: 00 Episodes, 03, 21,
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Using Settings: TVdbID: 95441 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
**** TVDB Returned TEXT Stream *****

EDIT:

Ignore it's working now, one i force named and the other jsut picked up on it's own!

EDIT:

Ignore I named itmyself then the scrapper got it.

cheers
Scraping body of episode: 3
Using Settings: TVdbID: 95441 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

TVDB is definately up though.

Tried it with the last 3 releases. All say the same thing. Tried it on 2 pc's too.

Just wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to save movie posters as posters.jpg as well as folder.jpg? Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Is there any way to change the "data added" that xbmc refers to when you order you movies by "data added"?

I've renamed and rescanned all my movies and it's messed up their "data added" field and so they are all in the wrong order in xbmc.

I was wondering if media companion could help me with that? Does xbmc refer to the nfo files when its looking for date added? or is it just a field in the xbmc video database?

I found a field in the nfo that media companion created called "createdate" and that seems to be the date that the nfo file itself was created ie today. is that what im looking for?

Is there any way to manually change the movie using TMDB instead of IMDB?

I have a set of workout DVD's for my wife that are not listed on IMDB, but have perfect covers / details / etc on IMDB. Unfortunately, media companion can't seem to find them on tmdb (even though I have tmdb selected as the default scraper) and falls back on an IMDB scrape instead. OF course media companion can't find them on there either so I end up with some random movie info for all 10 discs.

When I launch xbmc it is able to use tmdb and scrape the proper info, but I really don't want xbmc managing my metadata.
(2012-05-28, 10:06)trpltongue Wrote: Is there any way to manually change the movie using TMDB instead of IMDB?

I have a set of workout DVD's for my wife that are not listed on IMDB, but have perfect covers / details / etc on IMDB. Unfortunately, media companion can't seem to find them on tmdb (even though I have tmdb selected as the default scraper) and falls back on an IMDB scrape instead. OF course media companion can't find them on there either so I end up with some random movie info for all 10 discs.

When I launch xbmc it is able to use tmdb and scrape the proper info, but I really don't want xbmc managing my metadata.

Hi trpltongue

We're now posting on a new thread Media Companion V3.500 Stable Release to keep away from the earlier Gen2 version of MC

But I'm commenting to let you know your post isn't being ignored.

If I understand correctly, MC does a Google search for the title of your movie, and tries to get a IMDB id for the movie.

I believe this is in essence why your dvd's are not able to be scraped directly from TMDB. Have to check with one of the dev's and let you know, but I'll post this message in the new thread also.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Im using media companion latest stable version to scrape my tv shows, but it refuses to scrape them in spanish even if i already selected the languaje in tvdb languaje selector, and i already checked that they are actually available in spanish in tvdb.com, game of thrones is available in spanish and cant get it in M.C.,,, thanks foy any help!
DigiTech,

You should post this question in the new thread located here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134

I'm sure you'll get an answer quickly.
In recent versions MC seems ho have gone into regress:
  • TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)
  • The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.
  • Window frames on the GUI have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).
What is wrong, what is wrong?

Has the effort to bring MC into line with Frodo derailed the program? (I have set up MC to Frodo-only compatibility mode.)
(2013-01-23, 13:05)DiMag Wrote:
In recent versions MC seems ho have gone into regress:
  • TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)
  • The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.
  • Window frames on the GUI have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).
What is wrong, what is wrong?

Has the effort to bring MC into line with Frodo derailed the program? (I have set up MC to Frodo-only compatibility mode.)
(2012-08-28, 07:05)trpltongue Wrote: You should post this question in the new thread located here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134

I'm sure you'll get an answer quickly.

Also if you don't like that it has issues make something better... its beta/alpha so ofcourse there will be issues.

(2013-01-23, 13:05)DiMag Wrote: [*]TV shows scrape but episodes do not. (The program says good bye.)
[*]Window frames on the GUI have become so small as to render them useless (among the affected: TV folders browser window frame, Home Movies browser window frame).
[*]The laudable Home Movies new feature has dropped the option to edit (put text into) the plot tag. As this is the only tag where content related info can be placed, this omission renders the feature 1/3 useless.
What version are you using? what settings? frodo/eden .... ?

What? i don't even understand what you mean... please explain. folders browser windows are always like that its part of visual studio... unless you mean something different

And finally the 3rd one is not my area so i am not sure.
People, use new thread.

Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2013-01-23, 19:13)vbat99 Wrote: People, use new thread.

Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support

Just a heads up.....
The link in the help menu of MC to the XBMC help thread still points to this one.

f you want to make it easier for people to use the new thread, best update it in MC.....
Hi
Is it possible to have Media Companion store the fanart, .tbn's etc. in a different folder than the actual media?
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1