• 74(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
See above link for correct thread. But currently no. XBMC looks for artwork with the video file, so can't have the artwork in a different folder.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Okay, I have to ask, has anyone else had problems with their PC shutting down while using Media Companion?

This problem has been plaguing me for the past couple months. My PC, VERY SPECIFICALLY will hang for a few seconds and then shut down and restart whenever it's scraping now. Currently using 3.6.3.0 64 Bit version (Win 7 64 Bit OS). I first started having the problems when using an old 32 Bit build and upgrading seemed to be a temporary fix.

I think this is more my computer as it has occasionally done it when using Ember Media Manager, usually when I was trying to scrape the same TV show. Currently Ember is running fine. Some of the parts in my PC were old and I've replaced them since having these problems including:

Old Power supply
Old graphics card that was running really hot
CPU heatsink (dirty and occasionally shrieking)

My temperatures are all at a stable at 30, 27, and 34 degrees Celsius for CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics respectively, so I can't see it as some kind of overheating.issue. I'm at my wits end here!
(2015-12-13, 22:20)Choppasmith Wrote: Okay, I have to ask, has anyone else had problems with their PC shutting down while using Media Companion?

This problem has been plaguing me for the past couple months. My PC, VERY SPECIFICALLY will hang for a few seconds and then shut down and restart whenever it's scraping now. Currently using 3.6.3.0 64 Bit version (Win 7 64 Bit OS). I first started having the problems when using an old 32 Bit build and upgrading seemed to be a temporary fix.

I think this is more my computer as it has occasionally done it when using Ember Media Manager, usually when I was trying to scrape the same TV show. Currently Ember is running fine. Some of the parts in my PC were old and I've replaced them since having these problems including:

Old Power supply
Old graphics card that was running really hot
CPU heatsink (dirty and occasionally shrieking)

My temperatures are all at a stable at 30, 27, and 34 degrees Celsius for CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics respectively, so I can't see it as some kind of overheating.issue. I'm at my wits end here!

Sorry, don't monitor this old thread anymore.

Please post questions etc on latest release of Media Companion to this new thread Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support

To Answer your questions. Have not heard of anyone else that either Media companion or EmberMediaManager causes their PC to crash.
I would investigate your event log (run eventvwr.msc ) for possible causes of sudden crashes.

Since you've already replaced the PSU, I'd either suspect Motherboard (bad caps?) or Hard Drive. Your Temps above look AOK, so it must be some power issue due to Electronic Failure.

Good luck.
Media Companion Dev.
Can MC show offline movies / series (on external drives not pugged in)?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
No. The only offline function in media companion is creating a place holder for DVD.

Btw, this is an old thread. Here is info for the current Media Companion.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129134

Sent from my GT-I9100
Media Companion Dev.
Alright, so there is no way to use MC to manage media stored on external drives. Thank you very much. For the link, too.
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
Have a quick question here regarding movie sets.
Does media companion have options to treat artwork for Movie collections. Fanart.tv has collection logos and poster collection for these movie collections..
Right now you'll see that movie collection title is presented in plain text as seen below "Avengers Collection", and a default movie poster is assigned.

However this can be changed manually, and after changing it manually, this is how it looks.

Can this be arranged in media companion itself, to pull the correct logo and poster?
(2017-06-24, 02:29)MANswers Wrote: Have a quick question here regarding movie sets.
Does media companion have options to treat artwork for Movie collections. Fanart.tv has collection logos and poster collection for these movie collections..
Right now you'll see that movie collection title is presented in plain text as seen below "Avengers Collection", and a default movie poster is assigned.

This is an old thread (and before Set artwork was added to MC)
I have answered this in the current Media Companion thread, here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...4&page=261
Media Companion Dev.
I searched and only found 2 posts (2010 and 2012) that had any mention of wine. I have tried some linux media managers, but the only ones worth anything have some flaws (like hosing the filenames during rename). Anyway, I thought I'd try installing MC using wine, but that didnt work so well, or at least not when I tried. As a result, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has been able to get it going using wine? or at least without messing with an emu. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
(2017-12-03, 05:10)gaiko Wrote: I searched and only found 2 posts (2010 and 2012) that had any mention of wine. I have tried some linux media managers, but the only ones worth anything have some flaws (like hosing the filenames during rename). Anyway, I thought I'd try installing MC using wine, but that didnt work so well, or at least not when I tried. As a result, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has been able to get it going using wine? or at least without messing with an emu. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

No one?
(2017-12-03, 05:10)gaiko Wrote: I searched and only found 2 posts (2010 and 2012) that had any mention of wine. I have tried some linux media managers, but the only ones worth anything have some flaws (like hosing the filenames during rename). Anyway, I thought I'd try installing MC using wine, but that didnt work so well, or at least not when I tried. As a result, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has been able to get it going using wine? or at least without messing with an emu. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

As mentioned just above your post, this is a very old thread of an earlier version of Media Companion.
Media Companion 3 thread is now here Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support

Unfortunately, I believe Media Companion is not fully compliant with WINE. Probably to do with a mixture of VB and C# code and some of the 3rd party windows DLL's Media Companion uses.

Sorry.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi everyone !

I have one stupid question : how to scrap movie set please ?
I have seen the Tab MovieSet, but when I want to scrap one set, I have an error message for the setup of Fanart.tv. But I haven’t any problem for scrapping movies...

Can anyone help me please ?
Please see one post above yours, this is the old thread repost in the new one please
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-07-10, 19:59)vbat99 Wrote: Please see one post above yours, this is the old thread repost in the new one please

Sorry !
Do you want this closed @vbat99?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1