• 68(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Thank you for all the amazing work! Much appreciated!
HueyHq Wrote:@Constructacon and Johnny Awesome
I have found what definitely is a bug, esp. in Johnny's case (I assume Constructacon has 'Save files as "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn", & "fanart.jpg"' checked in Advanced Prefs as well).
I'll fix that and prob. get it delivered in time for next release.
Thanks for the good find, and the info, fellas!

You read my mind......... uhh settings. Look forward to the next release. This program is getting better and better.
Holy crap! new version out already and problem is fixed!
Excellent work guys, many thanks!
Fanart is now working as expected. Thanks for the quick turnaround! Now another oddity. If I decide to change a poster, it saves it as a lower resolution. The original taken from themoviedb is usually around 1000x1500. If I decide to change that poster, it saves to 500x750 or so. I checked the size of the new poster by clicking on it before I saved it and it is in the 1000x1500 range. As soon as it is saved, double clicking on the new current poster shows that it has been scaled. Any thoughts?
One more question. I have searched the thread and I haven't seen anything on it, but is there a way to set the Poster and Fanart for a set? I believe the default xbmc behavior is just to use the first movie in the set. Is there any way to control this through the nfo?
Johnny Awesome Wrote:One more question. I have searched the thread and I haven't seen anything on it, but is there a way to set the Poster and Fanart for a set? I believe the default xbmc behavior is just to use the first movie in the set. Is there any way to control this through the nfo?

I have looked into this before, and it seems that there is nothing we can do via the .nfos to set this up. It's all done in XBMC, and even then you need to assign the images for each set manually. This is AFAIK; there may have been changes in Eden?

For your other issue, would you be willing to sign up at CodePlex and log an issue? It would be much better for me to keep track of.
This problem has been changed slightly from what it was, I thought, but obviously not quite fixed properly.
I haven't found it if it exists. I've had to set it from within XBMC.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Huey.
HueyHq Wrote:I have looked into this before, and it seems that there is nothing we can do via the .nfos to set this up. It's all done in XBMC, and even then you need to assign the images for each set manually. This is AFAIK; there may have been changes in Eden?

For your other issue, would you be willing to sign up at CodePlex and log an issue? It would be much better for me to keep track of.
This problem has been changed slightly from what it was, I thought, but obviously not quite fixed properly.

Hi HueyHq,

Thanks for the info on movie sets. That is what I had anticipated. As for the other issue with posters, it is unrelated to the Fanart issue that I was having. Basically the initial scrape of a movie poster gets saved at full res (1000x1500). Any time I try to overwrite that poster, the image gets scaled to around 500x750.

I'll be happy to follow proper protocol and open a bug Smile I just wasn't sure if this was a known issue or not.

Thanks again for all the amazing work!
is there a way to add the source (HDTV / TV / Bluray) to the nfo.
Right now i'm still using the file names.

Since not all tv-shows from a show are around in HD.
So going for /TVshows//HDTV/Show/episode/filename.xxx
wont work.

Any options for this?
Quokka1979 Wrote:is there a way to add the source (HDTV / TV / Bluray) to the nfo.

I have just added this ability to movies; not TV shows yet tho' sorry. TV gets a whole lot more complicated, so it may be a while.
I have only just delivered it (like, minutes ago!) so won't be available until next release.
Thank you for the heads-up.
I really love it, since it get better all the time Smile
looking at a bunch of media managers, but they all seems to miss 1 nice feature. Integration with trakt.tv, i dont think its hard (more time consuming) for a descent coder. Would make a really good addition to the program. Sure you can export the db, put it in xbmc and use the xbmc plugin , but its a "nice to have"
I had my Media Library all sorted with Media Companion, but every time i add it to XBMC it starts its own scraping, and overwrites.
can anyone point me in the right direction as I am now suffering from information overload after reading the wiki's, and can't see the wood for the trees.
for some reason xbmc does'nt seem to load all the movie.nfo files.
Is there only support for <movie>.nfo?
if so how do I change mc to spit them out?
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1