• 72(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
(2012-04-02, 01:29)kevdawg Wrote: Tried what you mentioned. No luck. I even found the wizard that will let you force a rescrape of posters but still no luck. Any other ideas? In the meantime I will keep trying and post here if I find anything.

The picture for 'folder.jpg' is just a copy of the thumbnail .tbn file with a different name. If the thumbnail is there, but folder.jpg isn't, there is something going wrong in MC.
(2012-04-02, 01:39)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 01:29)kevdawg Wrote: Tried what you mentioned. No luck. I even found the wizard that will let you force a rescrape of posters but still no luck. Any other ideas? In the meantime I will keep trying and post here if I find anything.

The picture for 'folder.jpg' is just a copy of the thumbnail .tbn file with a different name. If the thumbnail is there, but folder.jpg isn't, there is something going wrong in MC.

You're right. I hope it gets fixed. Mostly so that in explorer, the movies folder looks a bit prettier. Smile
(2012-04-02, 01:05)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 14:57)ff9b034cd2 Wrote: Thanks for that. I tried the "Clean Library" but it didn't do anything.

I can confirm:

# Media Companion has all the "download" options checked in preferences
# I can see the fanart.jpg, a folder.jpg, season**.tbn files

From a Media Companion point of view, it shows "Season 1", "Season 2" and "Season 3" each with there own posters. So I think Media Companion is correct. I just think its XBMC doing something weird.
Hmm, this has me a bit stumped. What version of XBMC are you using? Is there a chance there is a residual setting in advancedsettings.xml? Maybe PM me with a zip of the files of a single show that is giving you problems (preferably with no large files!) so I can make sure everything is in order. I also assume you are using a late copy of Media Companion too!

Thanks mate, PM sent.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Team,

Quick question, Is there currently support for TV shows spread across multiple drives?

i.e.
E:\Tv Programs\The Simpsons\Season 2\

X:\Tv Programs\The Simpsons\Season 3\

I have tested and assuming there isn't at this stage, unless i am missing a setting somewhere.
If there isn't support, i will add a feature request with more detail on codeplex.

Cheers
Paybac
(2012-04-02, 02:17)kevdawg Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 01:39)HueyHq Wrote:

You're right. I hope it gets fixed. Mostly so that in explorer, the movies folder looks a bit prettier. Smile

Tested with Latest version of MC, MC 3.435b, and this is working. Same ticks in boxes 'All Movies in Folders' and 'Create folder.jpg for each folder'

folder.jpg is created.

(2012-04-06, 04:39)Paybac Wrote: Hi Team,

Quick question, Is there currently support for TV shows spread across multiple drives?

i.e.
E:\Tv Programs\The Simpsons\Season 2\

X:\Tv Programs\The Simpsons\Season 3\

I have tested and assuming there isn't at this stage, unless i am missing a setting somewhere.
If there isn't support, i will add a feature request with more detail on codeplex.

Cheers
Paybac

Hi Paybac

Currently MC does not handle split locations for TV Shows. While it will work, you will have double listing of the split Show, with each copy of the Show showing episodes in both locations
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hi,
Not sure if this was requested yet, but it would be really nice if there was an easy way to select multiple fanart images and save them into extrafanart folder so XBMC skins like Aeon MQ3 could use those for random fanart.

Would be appreciated!

Thanks!
(2012-04-17, 06:21)d3maxt Wrote: Hi,
Not sure if this was requested yet, but it would be really nice if there was an easy way to select multiple fanart images and save them into extrafanart folder so XBMC skins like Aeon MQ3 could use those for random fanart.

Would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This can be done with the latest beta release, MC 3.435b.

Movies need to be in individual folders, then under movie preferences select 'All Movies are in Folders (Allows Extrathumbs)'

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
I'm having some problems scraping tv-eps from TheTVDB:

Detected : Season : 15 Episode : 14
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

I get this message for all tv episodes that I added recently. I tried the last to versions of media companion. I can find the episodes on the website of the tvdb without problems.
(2012-04-17, 06:25)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 06:21)d3maxt Wrote: Hi,

Would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This can be done with the latest beta release, MC 3.435b.

Movies need to be in individual folders, then under movie preferences select 'All Movies are in Folders (Allows Extrathumbs)'

Rob

Hi, thanks for your response!

That is already checked. What I meant was, is there a way for MC3 to create a folder called "extrafanart" and download selected/all fanart into it? Right now I can select a poster, 1 fanart image, and 4 thumbs. But skins like Aeon MQ3 and Transparency can use a folder called "extrafanart" to display a random fanart.
(2012-04-17, 10:23)Cnasta Wrote: I'm having some problems scraping tv-eps from TheTVDB:

Detected : Season : 15 Episode : 14
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

I get this message for all tv episodes that I added recently. I tried the last to versions of media companion. I can find the episodes on the website of the tvdb without problems.
First try 'Refresh All TV Shows' from the TV menu. If that doesn't do anything, please let us know what shows are causing the problem so we can try it out, especially the show that has 15 seasons!
quick question,

Can MC be setup to "auto-scan" movie folders? I've been using media center master and it has a functionality whereby it monitors the movie folders and auto-scrapes when you add a new file or folder. Pretty slick, but the scraping leaves a bit to be desired. MC seems to have phenomenal scraping capability and flexibility but I just can't seem to see if there is a way to auto-scrape.
(2012-04-17, 22:45)trpltongue Wrote: quick question,

Can MC be setup to "auto-scan" movie folders? I've been using media center master and it has a functionality whereby it monitors the movie folders and auto-scrapes when you add a new file or folder. Pretty slick, but the scraping leaves a bit to be desired. MC seems to have phenomenal scraping capability and flexibility but I just can't seem to see if there is a way to auto-scrape.
Not that I'm aware of. Do you mean as a background task?
We are busy trying to fix a few pressing issues at the moment, but once that is done, I am sure there would be some scope for some new features, and I think there is some potential for more automation!
I suggest you add a feature (um, issue; a dev has to change it to a feature) at the Media Companion site on CodePlex so we can keep track when it comes time to work on features!
Big GrinWonderful program. Thanks billyas2000
Please post new comments into new Thread
Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released
Media Companion Dev.
(2012-04-17, 22:59)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 22:45)trpltongue Wrote: quick question,

Not that I'm aware of. Do you mean as a background task?
We are busy trying to fix a few pressing issues at the moment, but once that is done, I am sure there would be some scope for some new features, and I think there is some potential for more automation!
I suggest you add a feature (um, issue; a dev has to change it to a feature) at the Media Companion site on CodePlex so we can keep track when it comes time to work on features!

i made a batch file that runs every 2 hours that update the software and then connections to my xbmc and initiate a library update.

scan.bat:
mc_com.exe -m
mc_com.exe -e

"D:\others\MediaCompanion\winscp437\winscp.com" /script="D:\others\MediaCompanion\winscp437\1.txt"

1.txt:
open root:[email protected]
call /usr/bin/xbmc-send -a "UpdateLibrary(video)"
call /usr/bin/xbmc-send -a "UpdateLibrary(music)"
exit

hope this helps
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1