• 2(current)
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN
well i ticked all the dependencies and now the guilib.lib problem went away. i still get the unresolved externals problem but inspite of that the default.xbe is generated and starts up but seems to hang after starting up since it does not respond to the controller inputs.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
the latest build (latest tarball, feb 2) seems to hang on my xbox, though it builds without any problems. deleted the face008 folders but that didn't help.

any ideas, is there perhaps a way to catch the outputdebuggingstring messages from a debug build on a retail xbox to see what's happening?
i have just downloaded the latest cvs tarball, changed the solution and vcproj files to work with .net 7, fixed the dependencies and it compiles fine with no linker errors. i copied over the data and it runs with no problems so i am not sure what you are doing wrong.

what version of the xdk are you compiling with? if you can get to the main menu but your controller doesn't work then you need a more recent one - i know this happens with 5659.

if it hangs before it gets to the menu then you are probably missing a data file - debug it and see what it is looking for.

hope that helps...

mrc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
my xbe was also build flawlessly just like you described (.net 7), using the december xdk (5849).

it hangs immediately, at the evox loading screen. i'm not sure how to debug a debug-build-xbe, is that possible with a retail xbox?

thanks!
solved it brute-force by deleting the complete xbmc folder, reinstalling an older working version and overwriting some of the main files (default.xbe, *.xml, mplayer) with the newest versions.

still interested in retail debugging possibilities though!
(ezd @ feb. 03 2004,13:42 Wrote:i'm not sure how to debug a debug-build-xbe, is that possible with a retail xbox? interested in retail debugging possibilities!
i'm no dev but i know of these three options:
1. if you have a 512+ kb modchip and xbox without the focus chip then flash bios with a debug bios and use debug with xdk.
2. all mods as long as do not have focus chip: use phoenix bios-loader to loaded a debug bios and use debug with xdk.
3. if debug bios is impossible, manualy incoperatate xport's or blackbelt's debug server code and use matching debug client
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i've added
<weather>
<areacode>nlxx0017</areacode>
<format>m</format>
</weather>
to the xboxmediacenter.xml file between </video> and </xboxmediacenter>
when i press "refresh" in my weather it says "accessing weather.com", then an empty dialogbox with title "unable to get weather data". imdb works so i guess it's not a network problem? it also happens with the original ukxx0085. when i enter the xoap-url with the code, metrics and id/key in my browser it loads the weather-xml just fine. any ideas? thanks
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(gamester17 @ feb. 03 2004,15:17 Wrote:
(ezd @ feb. 03 2004,13:42 Wrote:i'm not sure how to debug a debug-build-xbe, is that possible with a retail xbox? interested in retail debugging possibilities!
i'm no dev but i know of these three options:
1. if you have a 512+ kb modchip and xbox without the focus chip then flash bios with a debug bios and use debug with xdk.
2. all mods as long as do not have focus chip: use phoenix bios-loader to loaded a debug bios and use debug with xdk.
3. if debug bios is impossible, manualy incoperatate xport's or blackbelt's debug server code and use matching debug client
you do not need to touch your bios at all. just follow this tutorial --> http://xbox-scene.com/articles/debug-xdk.php
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
ok, build.bat should be updated to xcopy the weather directory, it works now, looks great! :d
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(frodo @ oct. 01 2003,06:11 Wrote:- xdk 5778 or higher
and xdk 5558 ??
Star 
(hullebulle @ feb. 03 2004,18:02 Wrote:you do not need to touch your bios at all. just follow this tutorial --> http://xbox-scene.com/articles/debug-xdk.php
already mentioned that, see number 2 "phoenix loader"
(gamester17 @ feb. 05 2004,17:21 Wrote:
(hullebulle @ feb. 03 2004,18:02 Wrote:you do not need to touch your bios at all. just follow this tutorial --> http://xbox-scene.com/articles/debug-xdk.php
already mentioned that, see number 2 "phoenix loader"
oops Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(wagadooboo @ feb. 05 2004,12:54 Wrote:
(frodo @ oct. 01 2003,06:11 Wrote:- xdk 5778 or higher
and xdk 5558 ??
i don't want to sound condescending, but what part of 5778 or higher was not clear ? Smile

seriously, 5558 will compile, but you won't be able to move around. you really do need 5778 or higher Smile

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

here's a batch file i wrote to easily obtain a working installation with all the latest files in the right places, and to keep your own custom config .xml's in tune with the latest .xml parameter changes. after you set it up everything is about completely automatic.

basic idea: create a folder containing

- xbmc cvs folder

- config folder containing your personalized my_*.xml (so my_keymap.xml, etc) and backups of the last versions of the non-modified xml files, filenames _ prepended: _keymap.xml etc. (first time just copy them straight from the xbmc folder)

- win32codecs folder containing the extracted mplayer codecs

- extraskins folder containing any extra skins you may have (so excluding mediacenter)

now, compile xbmc and run the batchfile below (adjusting lines 2-4 to your setup). if any .xml config file has changed, your diffing program will pop up to show you what changed in the cvs, as well as your editor with your corresponding customized .xml so you can edit it to correct it for any important changes.

after you're finished and closed both, press any key to check the other .xml files or start creating the xbmcupload folder containing the complete installation.

if you have any questions let me know. if you don't know which differ you should choose- i like winmerge myself, but there's also one included in vs (not installed by default i believe)
Quote:@echo off
set editor="c:\seteditorpathandnamehere"
set differ="c:\setdifferpathandnamehere"
set unrar="c:\program files\winrar\unrar.exe"
fc config\_keymap.xml xbmc\keymap.xml > nul
if %errorlevel%==0 goto nokeychange
start "" %differ% config\_keymap.xml xbmc\keymap.xml
start "" %editor% config\my_keymap.xml
pause
copy /y xbmc\keymap.xml config\_keymap.xml
:nokeychange
fc config\_xboxmediacenter.xml xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml > nul
if %errorlevel%==0 goto noxbmcchange
start "" %differ% config\_xboxmediacenter.xml xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml
start "" %editor% config\my_xboxmediacenter.xml
pause
copy /y xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml config\_xboxmediacenter.xml
:noxbmcchange
fc "config\_filezilla server.xml" "xbmc\filezilla server.xml" > nul
if %errorlevel%==0 goto nofzschange
start "" %differ% "config\_filezilla server.xml" "xbmc\filezilla server.xml"
start "" %editor% "config\my_filezilla server.xml"
pause
copy /y "xbmc\filezilla server.xml" "config\_filezilla server.xml"
:nofzschange
rd /s /q xbmcupload
md xbmcupload
copy xbmc\release\default.xbe xbmcupload
copy config\my_xboxmediacenter.xml xbmcupload\xboxmediacenter.xml
copy config\my_keymap.xml xbmcupload\keymap.xml
copy "config\my_filezilla server.xml" "xbmcupload\filezilla server.xml"
xcopy /i /e xbmc\mplayer xbmcupload\mplayer
xcopy /i /e xbmc\skin xbmcupload\skin
xcopy /i /e xbmc\language xbmcupload\language
xcopy /i /e xbmc\weather xbmcupload\weather
xcopy /i /e xbmc\xbmc\keyboard\media xbmcupload\media
xcopy /i /e xbmc\visualisations xbmcupload\visualisations
%unrar% x xbmc\python\python.rar xbmcupload\python\
%unrar% x xbmc\web\xbmc.rar xbmcupload\web\
rem %unrar% x xbmc\scripts\scripts.rar xbmcupload\scripts\
xcopy /i /e win32codecs xbmcupload\mplayer\codecs
xcopy /i /e extraskins\* xbmcupload\skin
enjoy,

ezd
because i live in gmt+1 i cannot tell the exact date of the cvs build. on what timezone is the cvs date/time based on?

so i can give feedback with the correct build date of the cvs.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN0