• 4(current)
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN
i have built xbmc as recently as a week ago but after upgrading pc hardrive and reinstalling software i am unable to build the .sln file. i get errors when i try to open it.

can not open guilib and other project files.

any tips on what i should check or how to overcome this will be appreciated.
(---=snyper=--- @ mar. 13 2004,00:36 Wrote:alittle goof on the cvs update that jwnmulder did for the web server.. forgot the update the xbmc.vcproj with the 3 new files..

Quote:<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\includes.h">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.cpp">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.h">
</file>

hope that helps
thanks snyper. i added the code to the vcproj file from the march 12, 2004 cvs file and was able to compile the latest cvs. before adding the code, i was getting 11 errors and the compilation would fail. i am also posting this in the how-to compile xbmc from cvs section so it can be updated and also to help others with the same problem.
ok i compiled the latest cvs, and added in the http patch, everything seems to be working great, even the http patch. however, the controllers are totally non responsive in xbmc, only the remote works. anyone else experienced something like this?
@frop:

you need xdk 5778 or higher
this is a bug in a early version of the xdk
oh. i was using 5558, mis read it as 5778. dammit. well thanks.
i get this error on various lines of this same object.

xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(429) : warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data

i'm using vs.net 2003 and the full install of the sdk from decemeber.
any ideas?
that's a warning not an error, you can ignore it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

where do i get xdk 5778 or higher from? is it something i have to buy? is there a free equivalent?

please help!
Big Grin 
(cheesyboofs @ mar. 18 2004,15:46 Wrote:where do i get xdk 5778 or higher from? is it something i have to buy? is there a free equivalent?

please help!
that has been explained about what it now feels like a zillions times in these forums (search) which is why we included it in the faq (link)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i did read that, and search, that faq just tells me what i need, not how i get it. the faq says you will not help to use xdk, not you will not help in getting an xdk sollution working. and i presume the open source one will do but i cant find help in installing it....
you need to read/look at that faq more closly (see, this link), first of all it's clealy say that the open source does not work.
"xdk compiler is only available to microsoft approved developers", in short you can't get/buy it if your not a official developer.
sure you could probebely download the xdk illegaly somewhere but expect us to help you with that, see our forum rules.

ps! sorry if i sound a little bif aggressive/offensive but we took the time to write the faq/forum rules, please follow them.
to update crunchie excelent time saving bat file to recent changes in xbmc.

btw for those who cant get this to work you need to open command prompt in xp and cd to the dir where the .bat file is and type nameof.bat

btw change x:\xbmc daily builds\xbmcupload to where you want files to be copied.

Quote:rem this batch file needs to be put outside the xbmc cvs folder, e.g if cvs is in c:\xbmc put this in c:\ and run it
rem change the path below to wherever your winrar directory is!
rem this will not copy your codecs or previous configs!it should make a clean install!

set unrar="c:\program files\winrar\unrar.exe"
rd /s /q x:\xbmc daily builds\xbmcupload

md xbmcupload
copy xbmc\release\default.xbe xbmcupload

copy xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml xbmcupload

copy xbmc\keymap.xml xbmcupload

copy "xbmc\filezilla server.xml" xbmcupload

xcopy /i /e xbmc\mplayer xbmcupload\mplayer

xcopy /i /e xbmc\skin xbmcupload\skin

xcopy /i /e xbmc\language xbmcupload\language

xcopy /i /e xbmc\weather xbmcupload\weather

xcopy /i /e xbmc\xbmc\keyboard\media xbmcupload\media

xcopy /i /e xbmc\visualisations xbmcupload\visualisations

xcopy /i /e xbmc\credits xbmcupload\credits

%unrar% x xbmc\python\python.rar xbmcupload\python\

%unrar% x xbmc\scripts\scripts.rar xbmcupload\scripts\

%unrar% x xbmc\web\web.rar xbmcupload\web\

%unrar% x xbmc\web\xbmc.rar xbmcupload\web\

btw nice script  crunchie
:d
ok, i figured something out today, and maybe this was already known, and if it is, i guess i'm just a dumbass Smile

i've been having this iso9660 problem for a while (about march 9th), some devs said they couldn't find the bug.

i also previously had a problem with compressed textures (ie, it couldn't find them).

what i've been doing with the cvs is this.. i use tortoisecvs, and previsously, i've been right clicking on my xbmc folder, choosing "cvs update". that's what i've always done. i would then edit some of my parameters in build.bat and run it. would compile, then i would upload it to my xbox.

like i said, been doing this for a few months now.

today, i said what the heck, i nuked my entire cvs directory, and downloaded the entire cvs tree once again. made my changes, compiled and poof, no more bugs. iso9660 works again.

i must apologize for my insistence that there's a bug. but i'm not sure if it's just the cvs not updating correctly or what.. i have no idea why a daily update would cause such a ruckus with my daily builds.

so if you're having quirky problems, try nuking your cvs folder and re-downloading the entire cvs tree, just might fix your problem that only you seem to have.

-- stokkes
maybe it would also help to delete the release folder's in the project path. sometimes things only work correct after a clean build (had this a few times). maybe another approach. Smile

greets

bobbin007

what corrections did you make to build.bat? stokkes?
real_men_don't_need_spacebars.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN0