• 13(current)
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN
i tried once and it bombed
(jwwolf @ mar. 12 2006,17:30 Wrote:i keep gettin a lnk004 debug error on most files
what would cuase this problem?
any ideas?
hi.

i'm having same problem... does this effect to build? is it safe to use the build with these warnings?
warning lnk4204:

with warning being the magic word. so no; no problem.
deleted

Check the build.bat in the skin/Project Mayhem III folder.

That builds Textures.xpr, and it is called from the usual build.bat.

Perhaps some path issue is screwing up - I'm not that hot on batch files Tongue

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Check the build.bat in the skin/Project Mayhem III folder. That builds Textures.xpr, and it is called from the usual build.bat.
Perhaps some path issue is screwing up - I'm not that hot on batch files Tongue
Thanks. It seems that my original post is beeing eaten up :confused2:

I checkeg build.bat from the skin folder and it says
xcopy "media\Textures.xpr" "BUILD\Project Mayhem III\media\" /Q /I /Y Confused
I'd really appreciate a built textures.xpr...

greetz
ff
Try reading it in a bit more detail.

It clearly builds it before it gets tot he xcopy (note the XBMCTex line above)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Question 
Hi there, apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong place (I was going to place it in the developer section but it says its for programmers only, which I'm not, at least not of any great skill ) but I wasn't sure where to ask.
I want to complile the latest XMBC CVS using XBMC_SVN_171207 as the build I have is unstable and I suspect whomever compiled it may have customised it slightly, contributing to its instability.
My question is do I need to use Visual Studio 2003 with XDK5778/5849 or can it be compiled with Visual Studio 2008 using XDK5933?

Thanks in advance Smile
This may be a totally stupid and futile question, but is there any chance of getting this to build using a NEWER version of VS?
Nevermind I found the answer to my own question in the Wiki. No, it isn't possible. Unfortunately since the two version of VC that I have are the old VS 6, and the newest VS, i'm pretty much screwed on helping out there I guess.
You need 2003.

2008 should build XBMC_PC (probably with modifications) and XBMC_Linux for win32 just fine. You just can't build for xbox with 2008.

Yes you need Visual Studio 2003 to compile XBMC for Xbox, but you can use XDK 5933 (with Visual Studio 2003 that is).
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ment_Notes

agathorn Wrote:Nevermind I found the answer to my own question in the Wiki. No, it isn't possible. Unfortunately since the two version of VC that I have are the old VS 6, and the newest VS, i'm pretty much screwed on helping out there I guess.
You could install Windows under a VMware vertual machine to compile in there, (or you could compile XBMC for Windows or Linux instead).
jmarshall Wrote:2008 should build XBMC_PC (probably with modifications) and XBMC_Linux for win32 just fine. You just can't build for xbox with 2008.

Are the steps to build XBMC_Linux for win32 documented anywhere? Thanks in advance.
cheers,

crazyivan
Load the solution in tools/Win32.

Grab SDL libs and setup path in Visual Studio to point to them.

Build.

Fix errors Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN0