• 3(current)
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN
(aurora13 @ feb. 09 2004,08:40 Wrote:because i live in gmt+1 i cannot tell the exact date of the cvs build. on what timezone is the cvs date/time based on?

so i can give feedback with the correct build date of the cvs.
sourceforge is located in california, it's pst (gmt-8)
hey frodo

Quote:xbmc/xbmc/keyboard/language->e:\apps\xbmc\language

should it be
Quote:xbmc/language->e:\apps\xbmc\language

i may be wrong but all the latest cvs the language dir isnt in the keyboard dir.

:d
(xusen @ feb. 10 2004,17:02 Wrote:i may be wrong but all the latest cvs the language dir isnt in the keyboard dir.

:d
the build info on page 1 is antique and shouldn't be used.there's a .txt in the cvs xbmc folder containing the correct instructions- or see my autobuild batchfile on page 4.

cheers,

ezd
Quote:edited by frodo on feb. 09 2004,13:50

its doesnt seem like an antique as its seems to be updated. i was just informing frodo and maybe he could update.

thanks anyway.

great app
(xusen @ feb. 10 2004,17:14 Wrote:its doesnt seem like an antique as its seems to be updated. i was just informing frodo and maybe he could update.
whoops, didn't see that...
(xusen @ feb. 10 2004,17:14 Wrote:
Quote:edited by frodo on feb. 09 2004,13:50

its doesnt seem like an antique as its seems to be updated. i was just informing frodo and maybe he could update.
it might also be that the instruction for wincvs in the second post in this thread needs adjusting. at least it didn't work until i used the command line posted by tslayer on page 3 of this thread:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc co xbmc
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
whats up with the xbmc nightly tarballs??. anyone had any success d/l them latly. i get file not found from sourceforge.
yep, same here.
(lixer @ feb. 15 2004,09:26 Wrote:whats up with the xbmc nightly tarballs??. anyone had any success d/l them latly. i get file not found from sourceforge.
we had to remove the cron job because it got to big (50mb+) and sourceforge.net would not host them because of the bandwith it took.

please use wincvs, tortoisecvs or other cvs-client to grab the cvs through the anonymous cvs access (link) instead, sorry
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i hope i am posting in the appropriate section

i just updated my cvs files from sourcefource today 27.2.2004. (got all the files approx 116 mo and a success message from win cvs at the end) and when i try to regenerate the xbmc solution i immediately get an error message as below :

run time error !
the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

i am a bit lost since i did the same yesterday and it worked perfectly => i could make my own build, ftp it to xbox and run it as a dash.

is there something i did wrong or could this be due to cvs uncomplete ?

please help

lud
to all,

please ignore my latest post as a simple reboot of my pc solved my problem

xbmc is really getting better and better :-)))

lud
noob alert.

i'm getting the following error when downloading the cvs module:

u xbmc/xbmc/xbox/ntddstor.h   (last file retreived)

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file cvs/entries.extra.backup to cvs/entries.extra: permission denied

***** cvs exited normally with code 1 *****

any reason for alarm or is this an indication that the cvs download is complete? i have no /cvs/entries.extra.backup, only /cvs/entries.extra, so i assume it actually was renamed or never retreived?

any thoughts would be appreciated.
heres another simple batch file i made, this one wont copy your codecs or previous configs but instead will make a clean install of xbmc ready for upload!

to use it, place it outside your xbmc cvs folder, e.g if you downloaded the cvs to c:\xbmc then place this in c:\ and run it from there.

it will then make a folder called xbmcupload in the root of c:\ containing the clean install.

**please note!**
you need to edit the path to point to wherever you have winrar installed, and of course u need winrar installed in the first place Smile

hope its of some use?!

if you dont know how to make a batch file, just open notepad, paste in the code below and save to a file e.g xbmcupload.bat
then just run the xbmcupload.bat

Quote:rem this batch file needs to be put outside the xbmc cvs folder, e.g if cvs is in c:\xbmc put this in c:\ and run it
rem change the path below to wherever your winrar directory is!
rem this will not copy your codecs or previous configs!it should make a clean install!

set unrar="c:\program files\winrar\unrar.exe"
rd /s /q c:\xbmcupload

md xbmcupload
copy xbmc\release\default.xbe xbmcupload

copy xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml xbmcupload

copy xbmc\keymap.xml xbmcupload

copy "xbmc\filezilla server.xml" xbmcupload

xcopy /i /e xbmc\mplayer xbmcupload\mplayer

xcopy /i /e xbmc\skin xbmcupload\skin

xcopy /i /e xbmc\language xbmcupload\language

xcopy /i /e xbmc\weather xbmcupload\weather

xcopy /i /e xbmc\xbmc\keyboard\media xbmcupload\media

xcopy /i /e xbmc\visualisations xbmcupload\visualisations

%unrar% x xbmc\python\python.rar xbmcupload\python\

%unrar% x xbmc\scripts\scripts.rar xbmcupload\scripts\
i tried to compile the latest cvs mar 3, 2004. i got the following error message

xbmc fatal error lnk1104: cannot open file 'guilib/release/guilib.lib'

i checked the folder. guilib.lib file is there. any ideas?

problem solved after checked the dependencies and rebuild.
hi guys,

i have compiled xbmc successfully, but where can i get additionnal skins (like hifi) ? is there another cvs directory for other media stuff ?

thanks for your help.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN0