HOW-TO compile mplayer.dll from CVS
Sorry about that question, it stands clearly in the Guide at page 1.
I used of cource ./configurexbmc --disable-libavformat = - 0.8 Mb. Oo
Can you clarify something for me ?

I need to incorporate EDL support into mplayer so that I can skip commercials.

If I download the source from the latest cvs, It might/might not have the edl support on the source.

My question is, by compiling this dll under MINGW, does it produce an mplayer.dll that is binary compatible with the XBOX only or can I use it on a windows application as well ?

Also I might want to tweak the source code of mplayer to fix bugs or whatever. What happens if I download the latest mplayer source from mplayer.hu (1.0-PRE8-3x). Will this method work ?

Or, does anybody know what is the mplayer version that was used to create the 2.0.0 version of XBMC. May be all I need to do is upgrade to this.

Thanks.
Hi I'm looking for information regarding compiling mplayers cvs (1.0pre8) for xbmc. I understand the xbmc mplayer version is (1.0pre7) and I do understand that there are differences between the two as far as compiling for xbmc. I was wondering if there was anyone who might be able to help me or point me in the right direction for information regarding adapting the mplayer cvs(1.0pre8) for xbmc's mplayer cvs so I might compile mplayer 1.0pre8 for xbmc.

the reason I want to compile 1.0pre8 is because in that version a codec for WVC1 or WMV9 advanced profile has been added.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tim
that stuff is in libavcodec. so you should only update libavcodec and libavformat. oh and we are pre6 not pre7. it's a pain to update all of mplayer so don't even try.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

should I update codecs.conf as well or is that done in part of the compiling process?
Yah I tried and ran into some problems with files it was looking for that wheren't there or files that were there that it wasn't looking for.
yah I attempted to compile mplayer with the new libavcodecs and libavformat but ran into errors during "make". I'm not at the computer I tried it on right now but will post the errors I ran into when I get home.
Question 
'rumour' has it that the MPlayer developers will release MPlayer 1.0-FINAL release relatively soon, like within a month a month or so.

Maybe it would be best to wait to update until that has been releases as many new changes been made in their CVS since 1.0pre8
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yah I heard that too, or read it. I suppose I'll have to wait and use vlc until then. or convert the files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile mplayer.dll from CVS0