Extrathumbs - Should they be cycling in and out?
Hello everyone!

I am running the latest and greatest version of Auriga and have been wondering something.

For each of my movies I have nine (sometimes more) thumbnails captured for each movie in the extrathumbs folder. Didn't there used to be a way to get Aeon to cycle through them in the Multiplex view? At the moment, it only shows the first two thumbs (never changes).

Any help would be much appreciated!

edit: Just realized that it only works if you have selected the Thumb view. It does work pretty well, but I still wish they would cycle through if you have Plot view selected (you can see two a time that way).
I updated my mod before to do this for both views, follow the link in my signature if you like Smile
Hey DuMbGuM...thanks for letting me know about this. I am tempted to do this, but unfortunately I've got way too many movies with extrathumbs already created, so having to do a manual move and copy to your folder structure is a big commitment. Still...nice work and thanks again for responding to my question!
Tuckerdude Wrote:Hello everyone!

I am running the latest and greatest version of Auriga and have been wondering something.

For each of my movies I have nine (sometimes more) thumbnails captured for each movie in the extrathumbs folder. Didn't there used to be a way to get Aeon to cycle through them in the Multiplex view? At the moment, it only shows the first two thumbs (never changes)...
This extrathumbs folder you mention, where does it need to be located for Aeon to use the extra images?
Hello tid100...

If you have each movie in it's own folder, then you can create a subfolder called "extrathumbs" and copy screengrabs of the movie into it. Simply name them thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpgm etc and they will show up in the Showcase and Thumb views. Note, you must have Auriga installed for this to work.

Hope that helps!
Tuckerdude Wrote:Hello tid100...

If you have each movie in it's own folder, then you can create a subfolder called "extrathumbs" and copy screengrabs of the movie into it. Simply name them thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpgm etc and they will show up in the Showcase and Thumb views. Note, you must have Auriga installed for this to work.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Tuckerdude. Seems to be working well,but like a few other people have reported its not working on multi-part/stacked. Oh well, will do for now
No worries !

I tried to recode it to have a slideshow without having the extrathumbs in seperate folders but I couldn't do it for 2 images, only 1, I think this is why the slideshow doesn't work as default for that view, I couldn't find a way to do it and think the author of the view also couldn't, or just didn't want to. :p

In any case I only use it for my BluRay movies or movies I like the most.
I modified Viewtype_Multiplex.xml to give a decent result using randomize (I have up to 29 thumbs in my extrathumbs directory, so there isn't to many "collisions").

Replace:
Code:
<control type="largeimage">
    <posx>1</posx>
    <posy>1</posy>
    <width>261</width>
    <height>161</height>
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture>$INFO[Container(52).ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg]</texture>
</control>
with:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>1</posx>
    <posy>1</posy>
    <width>261</width>
    <height>161</height>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs]</imagepath>
</control>

and

Code:
<control type="largeimage">
    <posx>1</posx>
    <posy>172</posy>
    <width>261</width>
    <height>161</height>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture>$INFO[Container(52).ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg]</texture>
</control>
with:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>1</posx>
    <posy>172</posy>
    <width>261</width>
    <height>161</height>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(52).ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs]</imagepath>
</control>

in Viewtype_Multiplex.xml

-Eitraz
Hey Eitraz.....THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!

Works really well.....like you I have made around 19 thumbnails for each of my movies and it's great to see them cycling in the plot view. Only one thing I noticed was that it will sometimes display the same thumbnail in both slots. I'm not sure if there's a way to avoid that from happening, but certainly something that can be lived with.

Thank you again.....as always, the Aeon community is the best!
Eitraz Wrote:I modified Viewtype_Multiplex.xml to give a decent result using randomize

-Eitraz

Nice first post I gotta say !
tid100 Wrote:Thanks Tuckerdude. Seems to be working well,but like a few other people have reported its not working on multi-part/stacked. Oh well, will do for now
yeah, does not work for multi-part/stacked movies for me either. any way to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrathumbs - Should they be cycling in and out?1