• 6(current)
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)
Am I missing something ? I'm not sure how old this announcement is:

http://www.live555.com/mplayer/
Ok, Live555 check!
What do we need to do now to make this happen?
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!

XBox 1.6
/ Xecutor 2.6CE / X2 5035 Bios /
T3CH XBMC 2009-05-09 9.04-Babylon
Live555 now in mplayer.
This was one of the things preventing XBMC with mediaportal client.
So now that this is in place what other obstacles do we need to overcome?

XBox 1.6
Well first this has to be compiled into the xbmc version of mplayer.
Elupus would you be willing to give it a try?
Bump Nod

XBox 1.6
I spent some time yesterday configuring a system for TV server. Really impressive stuff.
As stated earlier in this thread RTSP does not work. I'm currently testing two alternative ways (while waiting for the RTSP support).
1. The active stream(s) can be viewed by adding the timeshift files to a playlist. When the server change file the new file is added to the list.
2. If recording is used the recorded material can be played.
Both alternatives results in excellent quality but none will be ideal for zapping.
I think I'll go for the recording alternative. By monitoring the sockets I should be able to find out how to order a recording.
OK!

Getting things recorded is just about adding records in the SQL TVLibrary.Schedule table. The TVServer seams to be polling this table at interval. So, if I manage to figure out how to access the TVServer SQL DB from Python (pysqlite2) this functionality will be added in DagensTV.
Recordings (even ongoing) are then available via SMB.
Dont know if anybody is interested but I'm almost done now.
SQL from XBOX looks impossible so I made an IIS frontend. This means that XBOX talks to TVServer DB via HTML.
Enhancements to DagensTV will be that TVServer is an additional channel source from which I read and present EPG data. DagensTV and TVServer channels can be correlated. DagensTV can order recordings on TVServer channels and view these.
One thing I found out while forcing recording schedule conflict (to check behavior) is that TVServer can record TWO channels simultaneously from a single card. I don't know how this is possible but its TRUE. I have a very simple LITE-ON USB stick for DVB-T.
If there is no feedback I'll keep silent until everything is done.

MrZ
mrz Wrote:One thing I found out while forcing recording schedule conflict (to check behavior) is that TVServer can record TWO channels simultaneously from a single card. I don't know how this is possible but its TRUE. I have a very simple LITE-ON USB stick for DVB-T.
If there is no feedback I'll keep silent until everything is done.

MrZ

On DVB-T/C/S the Broadcasters work with Transponders and 1x Transponder can contain at least 10 or more single Digital Channels.

On the Dbox2 (German Digital SetTopBox) you can do the same ;-)

But only the channels that are on the same Transponder
Started thread on the Python script alternative here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=26568

MrZ
Exclamation 
Can everyone here please respect that this topic-thread "MediaPortal-client in XBMC (for TV-Scheduling/Rec/Live-TV,... etc.)" in this Feature Suggestions forum is only about the request for a native MediaPortal-client (ie. written the in C/C++ programming-language, like all other suggestion topics in this specific forum should only be about native functions/features written in C/C++). All python-script related suggestion/ideas and development discussion should be address in the "Python Scripts Support and Requests" respectivly the "Python Scripts Development" forums.

Thank you!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
EvilDude at the MediaPortal forum has created a patch that implements native tvserver support to XBMC. Any chance it can be added to the SVN? That would be REALLY nice. It works the same way MythTV support works. Just by adding..
Code:
tvserver://{server_ip}

The MP Tvserver is great software. Highly configurable, not to dificult to configure and with support for almost all TV-cards you can think of.

I'm a Linux user so I don't think I can compile the patch into XBMC (for the XBOX) on my machine. On the other hand, I wouldn't know how to do it on a Windows machine either.

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/genera...post277808

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
@developers interesting in helping EvilDude should checkout this topic-thread too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34247

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Nice, finally we will soon have numerous reliable pvr options in xbmc (mythtv & mediaportal). This makes me very eager for Alcoheca's GSOC work!!

Many thanks to all involved
Hi,

Is there any support for FloppyDTV on XBMC? Vista MC recognises this tuner card, but XBMC doesn't. Is there any support for a tuner card in XBMC? Couldn't find anything about this, so thanks for your information!

Regards,

Sebas
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)0