• 7(current)
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)
Lack of Tv tuner support is the missing thing to make XBMC "perfect"

It know it was impossible with the old Xbox, but after the XBMC platform moved to other platforms it could and should be implemented. I really would like to hook up a DVB-xx tuner like floppyDTV to my MAcMini running XBMC.

I hope this will be done in the future, but it's depending on the devs.
XBMC is already supporting Mythtv Backend as far as i know, dont know about the Mediaportal TV Server maybe that can be used similar. Needs to be implemented in XBMC though.

An own TV Server is not yet happening for xbmc i guess in the near future.
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
Thats a pity... Sad

I am really a big fan of XBMC, but this causes me to use MediaPortal (which supports FloppyDTV).

Is it planned to be developped that anyone knows?
as far as i know XBMC will become a Frontend, thus means it needs a backend TV-Server to view and record tv.

For now the backend of Mythtv is supported so when you setup a linux based pc running Mythbuntu you can view tv within XBMC as far as i know.
Here you will encounter another problem, the linux drivers for FloppyDTV are still in development. There are beta drivers already though.

In the future i think it might support other tvservers like mediaportal, so you can just use 1 windows based pc and watch television.

For now this is limited to mythtv.
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
some urls for further info:

One common GUI front-end that can control multiple PVR/DVR/HTPC back-ends
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=GSoC_-_Unified_PVR_Frontend

Discussion about supporting Mediaportal Tv-Server
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5376
HTPC + Mediaserver

TV-Server
sebas74 Wrote:Thats a pity... Sad

I am really a big fan of XBMC, but this causes me to use MediaPortal (which supports FloppyDTV).

Is it planned to be developped that anyone knows?

Once the common PVR interface is set up, I am planning to write a TVServer client for XBMC. I already have code that sort of works, but needs some cleanup, but I don't want to bother porting it to the PVR interface till it is stabilised.
I really wish there was something a non-coder could do to help. Im currently building my HTPC, but I think ill waith until some PVR is developed for XBMC so ill know exactly what kind of tuner card I will need.
Then all my hopes are on you Evildude Wink

I am using MediaPortal now, but I miss XBMC... Sad It runs so much smoother. My movies and music were easier, better and more beautiful to access on XBMC then now on MediaPortal. No offense to the MP-people (why am I complaining when everthing works AND is free??).
I know this has been covered before but with the release of the windows, mac and linux versions, it would be easier to incorporate USB TV-Tuner support now wouldnt it?

I have a little Asus MyCinema and it would be awesome if i could get it to work. Smile
See:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=5376
and:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28918

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Question 
Hi all!

Have been playing around with Mediaportal for some years now and have gotten it pretty good by now.

Now I want to use XBMC as a client for Mediaportal TV-Server. Have been looking around for some time now but can't find any good solution.
Found the XBMC integrator but it doesn't seem to be working with the TV-Server.
Is it possible and then how to do it?

Thx
There is a patch on sourceforge for limited integration with TVServer although you would be forced to patch and recompile XBMC in order to test it.

If the patch is in good enough shape I would imagine it´ll be integrated in Atlantis+1.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I'd also love for this feature to be included. Mediaportal is the only program i can get working with my TV tuner. Mediaportal is no substitute for XBMC. It just feels so cobbled together, and XBMC is nicely integrated. Maybe I just don't like windows.
Topfs2 Wrote:There is a patch on sourceforge for limited integration with TVServer although you would be forced to patch and recompile XBMC in order to test it.

If the patch is in good enough shape I would imagine it´ll be integrated in Atlantis+1.

Cheers,
Tobias

Ummmm Sourceforge ? don't you mean our trac ?
Question 
Hi everyone

Been using MP for a long time but just tried XBMC.

I LIKE A LOT Wink

One simple thing stopping me is the abillity to watch and record live TV from DVB-C source here in Denmark.

So my question is ... why not make a plugin for the MediaPortal TV server to use in XBMC?

The TV server can be used with many different TV cards and are a stand alone application that doesent need MediaPortal.

Im not a programmer and cant do the job.

But it would be great to se this in XBMC.

And it is not tied up to other software like DVBviewer, GB-pvr or other.

Anyone care to comment on this ...

Regards
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)0