• 8(current)
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)
See:
http://forum.xbmc.org/tags.php?tag=mediaportal
and:
http://forum.xbmc.org/tags.php?tag=pvr

Please always search before posting.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Topfs2 Wrote:There is a patch on sourceforge for limited integration with TVServer although you would be forced to patch and recompile XBMC in order to test it.

If the patch is in good enough shape I would imagine it´ll be integrated in Atlantis+1.

Sounds good.. does anyone know if the Jester builds would include this patch ?

I'm trying to get some form of live tv working through XBMC since Mediaportal frontend runs like a 2 legged dog and falls over just as often Smile

I've been trying to get Mythtv working but it doesn't like my DVB-S2 tuner Sad
Question 
Hi.

I know this issue has been up before (and yes belive me I´ve searched the forum and internet), but I have still not found a sufficient solution...

I´m pretty sure I´m not the only one with this issue I just wonder if I´m over the top lazy or if others are satisfied with the situation or have found a workaround...

How do people do when using XBMC and a MediaPortal TV server?

I have a Mediaportal TV Server 1.0.1 and at the moment I use the Mediaportal client on my HTPC´s (4 HTPC´s).
This means that I have to config 2 keymaps per HTPC for my remotes, have access to a keyboard or mouse to manage the diffrent applications or swap inbetween (this is the main issue.)

I´ve seen some solutions like this

But I have not got it to work with XBMC (Latest SVN with Aeon Auriga or Aeon Stark).

Anyone that have found a good solution for this?

I´m pretty sure that a lot of people would benifit from it...

(I know that the XBMC team is not planning to implement TV support but I have good fate in all the creative minds with programing skills here, since you´ve done wonders before...)

Sincerly

//Talle

(If someone got the solution mentioned above to work, could you please write a tutorial with the right versions (and if posible DL links.) and please write it for "complete idiots" not for "dummies"... Smile)
good question.

I also want to try MP TV server in combination with XBMC but have know idea where to start.

I would like to record TV and a tv guide for scheduled recordings, no live tv
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:good question.

I also want to try MP TV server in combination with XBMC but have know idea where to start.

I would like to record TV and a tv guide for scheduled recordings, no live tv

Good point, what I would like in feature request are:
  • Tv guide
  • Live TV
  • schedueld recordings (And record now)

//Talle
Question 
Hello,

There is a new plugin for tv server of mediaportal.
topic : http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-ser...-mp-71404/

Is it possible to work with xbmc. I'm not a developper so i can't do anything.

PS : Sorry for my english. i'm french.
Not sure exactly how the TvServer thing works, but with the new pvr branch in svn, there should probably be possible to write a plugin that works, or if the TvServer is lika a webserver, it should be doable with a python plugin.

No need to excuse your english skills Smile
as far as i know there should already be a tvserver plugin which doesn't need a web-if and connects directly to tvserver backend, so what would you need it for?
look at https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/s...r/TVServer but i don't know if it still works Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)0