• 1(current)
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)
Lightbulb 
i love everything the xbmc team has done to date and am very impressed with what the media portal team has done as well.

since there is a shared knowledge between the two teams it would seem logical to build an interface in xbmc that would allow for scheduling tv recordings through mediaportal.

this would make it very easy to add other htpc's to other tv's in the house for very little $'s as compared to having to build htpc from the ground up.

is this something that is being considered? i hope so. (actually this would be the last thing that i would need in xbmc to be happy)

thanks for listening to my opinion!

around
it was with this intention mediaportal was once started (or so i believe)

not sure anymore though Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

any response on the xbmc team? i do not want to know when but rather if this is in the works at this time. (or being considered)

thanks,
around
as far as i know no one on team-xbmc (nor team-mediaportal for that matter) is currently planning/coding this feature. (however i can imagine the task of doing it would not be that huge, a developer could base it on mfxstream which is also c# for .net to get it up-and-running quickly. alternativly a developer could base it on upnp for a more advanced approach and i think using upnp would be better for xbmc in the long run).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks gamester17!

this does not seem like it would be that hard like you stated but would be huge!

thanks,
around
for a few months i have been thinking about setting up a computer to record tv programming. the problem is that you always have to be at the computer to record. back when frodo ported xbmc to mediaportal and added tv recording there was talk of maybe making the xbox a front end to mp so xbmc could record programs on a remote server. with microsoft releasing their own xbox media center in october, xbmc and mp could use an extra boost to stay ahead of windows media center edition. if you could run mp on a computer and use xbox (as a front end) to schedule recordings, it woudl be killer. the files then could be played off of the server to the xbox over smb as is usually done already in xbmc. this way the server running mp could be in a closet some place or in another room and any tv with an xbox could schedule recordings. this makes it easier to watch tv and record tv because then you don't have to be at your computer. it won't need to play live tv or timeshift because, well, that's why you have a tv. i was thinking about putting up a rewards program tied to a paypal account to convince a xbmc developer to do this because i feel that it is an essential part to the future of mp and xbmc. perhaps a reward would even bring frodo back to the xbox scene if only for a short while. would others contribute to this bounty if it gets the feature added?
(dirkoneill @ sep. 23 2004,21:32 Wrote:for a few months i have been thinking about setting up a computer to record tv programming. the problem is that you always have to be at the computer to record. back when frodo ported xbmc to mediaportal and added tv recording there was talk of maybe making the xbox a front end to mp so xbmc could record programs on a remote server. with microsoft releasing their own xbox media center in october, xbmc and mp could use an extra boost to stay ahead of windows media center edition. if you could run mp on a computer and use xbox (as a front end) to schedule recordings, it woudl be killer. the files then could be played off of the server to the xbox over smb as is usually done already in xbmc. this way the server running mp could be in a closet some place or in another room and any tv with an xbox could schedule recordings. this makes it easier to watch tv and record tv because then you don't have to be at your computer. it won't need to play live tv or timeshift because, well, that's why you have a tv. i was thinking about putting up a rewards program tied to a paypal account to convince a xbmc developer to do this because i feel that it is an essential part to the future of mp and xbmc. perhaps a reward would even bring frodo back to the xbox scene if only for a short while. would others contribute to this bounty if it gets the feature added?
i would realy like that Smile

it would be great. for the moment i record tv programs in my computer and streming it to my xbox but i would like to control the scheduling from my xbox.
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
i agree with dirkoneill!

i'd love to use xbmc to front-end mediaportal.

basically use mp to store all movies, photos, music, etc (not games) as well as the pvr functions.

then xbmc could be the front-end gui to do/display all functions.

all it would need then is a ppc/wince interface to "remote control" everything to replace the outdated plastic all-in-one remotes.

bingo... full integration!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
count my vote as well!
if the frontend is realisited than is xbmc complete in my opinion...
count me in also!

the only thing missing at xbmc is live tv and recording. i am using my pc to do this now. m$ will use the xbox as a front-end for their xp-mce, it would be great if xbmx and it's pc sister (brother, whatever) would do the same.

françois
Question 
(dirkoneill @ sep. 23 2004,20:32 Wrote:i was thinking about putting up a rewards program tied to a paypal account to convince a  xbmc developer to do this because i feel that it is an essential part to the future of mp and xbmc. perhaps a reward would even bring frodo back to the xbox scene if only for a short while. would others contribute to this bounty if it gets the feature added?
team-xbmc was thinking the same thing, but not just yet, we know that frodo won't think about it until after mediaportal 1.0 is released.
so is this confirmation that there are plans to work with mediaportal to use xbmc as a frontend.

if so, does anyone know projected dates for a 1.0 release of media portal.
i am working on a plugin (in media portal) that provides xml-based listings and remote scheduling capabilities via http -- this should enable someone from the xbmc team to develop a ui for scheduling.

once that part is tightened up, i can look into adding a remote streaming that integrates in a clean way.

if there is a representative from the xbmc project that would like to collaborate on this, please pm me here or on the media portal boards.

http://nolanparty.com/mediapo....?t=2299
i'm also waiting to get a frontend for the media portal in xbmc. Confusedleep:
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)0