• 5(current)
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)
solo: yep, that's exactly what i am talking about. Smile if you've ever installed that plug-in you'll understand better what i mean about how it could be utilized to tie xbmc and mediaportal closer together and how easy it would be for users to setup. in my opinion it would be ideal to use mediaportal plug-ins as a standard to create a sort of package deal like with windows media center and the media center extender.

regards,
los93sol
this is huge!

i wonder if they can build a "streamlined" version of mediaportal for just using as a back-end for xbmc?

los93sol,
are you heading this up for the xbmc forum? if you are, maybe you can suggest the "streamlined" version.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i'm not sure this was merged into the right thread as i was speaking much more generally and this thread is rather restrictive to streaming and tv functionality. it doesn't stop there, think about the caller id script, could be a mp plug-in, xbmsp shares could be a mp plug-in, ftp could even be a mp plug-in. just some suggestions here to get you thinking along the lines of what i am talking about. if i could just install a plug-in if i wanted to use some "extended" feature of xbmc i would much prefer to have a centralized downloading location and to only run one app to have access to any of the "extended" feature i had setup rather than having to launch multiple apps on my pc each time.

regards,
los93sol
hello, everybody!

this is my first post here and maybe it might help:

as for recording tv on a pc i am using iuvcr which can be downloaded here: download iuvcr. this is shareware and requires some registration fee - but it's definately worth it.

i use the iuvcr to schedule my recordings on a pc in the net und then watch the results on my tv using the xbmc as streaming client - works perfectly!

hth

axel
herrrausb,
you are totally ot!

this is a mediaportal client thread...
It would be great if XBMC could be a client to the upcoming MediaPortal server. 'My TV' Features could include :

Changing Channels
Viewing the Electronic Program Guide
Schedule Recordings
View Recordings
Pause, Timeshift live TV

See http://www.team-mediaportal.com/ to get excited
i was thinking the same thing jaiume, and it uses live555 to stream live tv, which i think is already in xbmc or could easily be added
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
I DEFINITELY AGREE!

My only question is will XBMC be able to be used as a pass through to allow HD video to pass? I'd like to only have the XBOX hooked to the TV, otherwise it basically defeates the purpose of using XBMC as a client.
Hey you guys ...

The MP-Server is with the .3 tv engine allmost a fact ... (klick)
MP supports a client-server setup, so why not port the client plugin to the XboX??

(wow, this thread has been dead a long time Oo )
thats what me and affni just said, plus im working on getting live555 support with mplayer, until that time theres nothing we can do.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
MP-Server support would be awesome.
Here a quote from there web page:

frodo Wrote:Then you already have read the answer which is no.
XBMC is unable to playback RTSP streams.
Perhaps you should try to convince the XBMC team to add RTSP playback in xbmc

Quote:Do you need help with doing that or are people already involved. Since its been said it works via live555 it will be possible.
As i'm no longer active with XBMC (i dont even have an xbox anymore)
i'm not planning on working on XBMC.
They have good developers themselves which are surely capable of adding this in XBMC

Frodo
The MP TVServer also is controlled via .Net remoting which I don't think will work from the xbox. This will require a Web service or something similar as a plugin to MP to proxy all requests to the master MP server.
Has anyone looked into the possibility of using Media Portal's new TV-Server as a back-end for xbmc to schedule and watch tv? Their new tv engine allows a backend TV-Server to have multiple frontends and from what I understand doesn't require Media Portal itself on the server end.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3

Plugins can be written for the tv server to do different things for example:
  1. EPG importing
  2. transcoding recordings
  3. controlling external settopboxes when changing channels
  4. Possibly even formatting tv-server to work better with xbmc
For anyone interested/willing to work on this I would help in any way I can.
Currently I use MythTV as a backend for tv I think this would be a nice windows alternative.
Big Grin 
Reading through this I notice all the threads are old...has there been any development on integrating mediaportal client into XBMC?
This would just be the perfect addition to XBMC. Imagine a multiroom setup with an XBox in each room providing PVR and multimedia wherever you were.
Not only that with the plugin flexibility of MediaPortal, all sorts of extras would be available...
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!

XBox 1.6
/ Xecutor 2.6CE / X2 5035 Bios /
T3CH XBMC 2009-05-09 9.04-Babylon
[email protected] Wrote:thats what me and affni just said, plus im working on getting live555 support with mplayer, until that time theres nothing we can do.
Unfortunately there's npthing we can do until this can be implemented.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TVserver client in XBMC (for Live TV, Scheduling, Rec,... etc.)0