[WINDOWS] Play Blu-ray disc with XBMC using Cyberlink PowerDVD as an external player?
Question 
Yo!

I have just built a new media pc and are using the cyberlink software to play blu-rays from my LG GGC-H20L.

Is it possible to link XBMC to cyberlink, or is it any other way to open Blu Ray discs in XBMC. (to copy the discs to the computer is not an option.)

I have read some posts around here in this forum, but they are old, or not informative, so I just made this new post.

Thanks.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=launcher
Thats an option, thanks, I will check it out tonight!

Is it possible that XBMC will integrate Blu Ray in the future?
klikkamongo Wrote:Is it possible that XBMC will integrate Blu Ray in the future?

Not legally, so i guess: no.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It sounds weird that XBMC won't support Blu Ray since it's a media center software. Blu Ray is becoming more and more common in HTPC's and the demand for support will grow.

At least put up a guide telling the XBMC users what options there are. Maybe how to use the external player and what other software is required. (such as Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater?).

Cheers!
If you're volunteering to write such a guide it would be welcome. Meanwhile the search is a handy tool: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=368978
Note that it's not a matter of not wanting Bluray support but not being able to include it due to no legal way to do so.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
to me it's a matter of not wanting it as well. blu-ray is the most drm ridden consumer hostile product there is and it should die a horrible death.
heh, well spoken!
hey guys - as I don't want to rip all my BluRays due to limited disc space, I'm looking for a way to launch a external player for certain disc types like BluRays and HD-DVDs. So when I insert a real BluRay disc (no rip) into my BD drive and klick on "Play DVD" in the GUI I'd like XBMC to start a external app, just like it's done for rips. Is there a way to do this via some XML hacks like for rips? If not I'm willing to investigate into this and dig into the source of XBMC and provide a patch (although I don't know C++ yet - only PHP, JS, AS and other web coding languages). But a little help would be needed by pointing me to the correct files where I have to start looking - haven't found the correct place myself yet.
spiff Wrote:to me it's a matter of not wanting it as well. blu-ray is the most drm ridden consumer hostile product there is and it should die a horrible death.

How's that workin out for ya?
ptaylor999 Wrote:How's that workin out for ya?

Can you state your meaning more clearly?

JR
da-anda Wrote:So when I insert a real BluRay disc (no rip) into my BD drive and klick on "Play DVD" in the GUI I'd like XBMC to start a external app, just like it's done for rips.

In Confluence, the Play button at the bottom left opens the window described in addons\skin.confluence\720p\custom_DiscDialog_1113.xml. If you open this file in any text editor and search for:

<onclick>XBMC.PlayDVD()</onclick>

that's the action taken when you select Play. I would guess (I've never tried) you could change this to launch a Python script, and you could use that to launch your external player.

I don't think there's any way to use an external DVD player in v10.1, though maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Play Blu-ray disc with XBMC using Cyberlink PowerDVD as an external player?0