• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Trailer Addict (Video) Plugin
I use this plugin almost everyday, but yesterday I started to have script errors. So it doesn't work anymore Sad
Hey,

Just installed this on 11 beta and it seems to work fine.

However, all trailers as SD and seem to come from apple only?

How do I configure this to use another source and 1080/720p? The Configure option on the addon itself is greyed out.

Thanks.
inflatablemouse Wrote:Hey,

Just installed this on 11 beta and it seems to work fine.

However, all trailers as SD and seem to come from apple only?

How do I configure this to use another source and 1080/720p? The Configure option on the addon itself is greyed out.

Thanks.

The addon pulls whatever is available on the TrailerAddict.com website. It's setup to always play HD videos first. If none is available, SD video is played. There is nothing to configure because there are no settings for this addon.

I'm planning on updating this addon soon.
stacked Wrote:The addon pulls whatever is available on the TrailerAddict.com website. It's setup to always play HD videos first. If none is available, SD video is played. There is nothing to configure because there are no settings for this addon.

I'm planning on updating this addon soon.

Sounds good!

But ... Smile .... how come when I choose trailers like The Hobbit or Prometheus its always SD? Surely these have HD versions and are among the most popular ones.
inflatablemouse Wrote:Sounds good!

But ... Smile .... how come when I choose trailers like The Hobbit or Prometheus its always SD? Surely these have HD versions and are among the most popular ones.

I noticed that on traileraddict.com when you select the hobbit trailer you can set it to HD. so there is an option on the website but it plays SD by default. Maybe the problem lies there?

Ive been playing with this addon a little bit since im looking for something beter then Apple Movie Trailers lite. With this addon its like browsing through the youtube addon wich i dont like.

Is it possible to give it a cleaner look, like the AMT?
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Hello,

I cannot find it on eden beta1. Is there any link to zip file.

Thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
hunkyn Wrote:Hello,

I cannot find it on eden beta1. Is there any link to zip file.

Thanks

try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=863...stcount=56

Download the zip file, extract it and put in in your xbmc-profile-addon-folder.
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Ajedi Wrote:I noticed that on traileraddict.com when you select the hobbit trailer you can set it to HD. so there is an option on the website but it plays SD by default. Maybe the problem lies there?
I found that issue. The website changed a few lines and the addon couldn't determine if a HD video was available. This will be fixed in the next update. The website also classifies videos that are SD as HD. For example, the new Batman trailer resolution is 940x416 and Trailer Addict considers that HD. On XBMC, when that trailer is played, it gets a SD tag.

Quote:Ive been playing with this addon a little bit since im looking for something beter then Apple Movie Trailers lite. With this addon its like browsing through the youtube addon wich i dont like.

Is it possible to give it a cleaner look, like the AMT?
This addon is just scraping the Trailer Addict website. The layout of the addon is based on the website. I would like to give it a cleaner look, but the addon would be really slow. For example, if there were 50 trailers listed, the addon would have to download 50 web pages just to scrape the high resolution movie posters. That's like opening 50 tabs on your browser. I'm basically limited to the website.
(2012-01-03, 18:52)stacked Wrote:
Ajedi Wrote:I noticed that on traileraddict.com when you select the hobbit trailer you can set it to HD. so there is an option on the website but it plays SD by default. Maybe the problem lies there?
I found that issue. The website changed a few lines and the addon couldn't determine if a HD video was available. This will be fixed in the next update. The website also classifies videos that are SD as HD. For example, the new Batman trailer resolution is 940x416 and Trailer Addict considers that HD. On XBMC, when that trailer is played, it gets a SD tag.

is the HD-Bug already corrected?

regards
Doogie

(2012-03-21, 14:15)doogie_at Wrote:
(2012-01-03, 18:52)stacked Wrote:

is the HD-Bug already corrected?

regards
Doogie

I lost interest in the addon because of the horrible trailer quality at traileraddict.com. Most videos are 480p and just under 720p. Anyways, I updated the addon for anyone who wants it. I recommend taking a look at The Trailers addon for true 720p and 1080p trailers.

Download v1.0.5 and install from zip file.

(2012-03-22, 02:24)stacked Wrote: I lost interest in the addon because of the horrible trailer quality at traileraddict.com. Most videos are 480p and just under 720p. Anyways, I updated the addon for anyone who wants it. I recommend taking a look at The Trailers addon for true 720p and 1080p trailers.

Thank you, will look into both addons then
Doogie
(2012-03-22, 02:24)stacked Wrote: I lost interest in the addon because of the horrible trailer quality at traileraddict.com. Most videos are 480p and just under 720p. Anyways, I updated the addon for anyone who wants it. I recommend taking a look at The Trailers addon for true 720p and 1080p trailers.

Thanks for working on this Plugin.

"The Trailers" appears to be Eden only (I'm still running Dharma).

I came here looking for a way to lock it at 720 or lower. Last night, I was trying to show my wife the MoneyBall trailer. It kept buffering, played about 15 seconds, re-buffering (long time), played a little more ... finally I gave up after 4 cycles.

Today, it's working fine (played the whole trailer no problem) ... actually played all 4 no problems. It's likely their website, but I would take 720p or less if it would keep playing after initial buffering. Or, I thought maybe there was a hack to increase buffer size.

Will v1.0.5 be added to Repository so we can update online the normal way? My v1.0.4's Update button is grayed-out.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
Stacked, have loved the traileraddict plugin for quite some time. In the past week I started getting errors in the script when trying to play any trailer. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest from your repo, still no luck. I know you are no longer interested in this plugin, but if it is something simple it would be great if you could fix it! I am not a big fan of "The Trailers", not the same variety of content.
(2012-11-24, 18:05)mschmid4 Wrote: Stacked, have loved the traileraddict plugin for quite some time. In the past week I started getting errors in the script when trying to play any trailer. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest from your repo, still no luck. I know you are no longer interested in this plugin, but if it is something simple it would be great if you could fix it! I am not a big fan of "The Trailers", not the same variety of content.

Sure, I'll take a look at it.
Quality of the videos aside, this is the better of the trailers addons

Variety, consistent updates and red band trailers!

Seems they added a line break after the video url

Change line 223 to be this:

Code:
url = re.compile( 'fileurl=(.+?)[\r\n]*&vidwidth' ).findall( data )[0]
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trailer Addict (Video) Plugin2