• 26(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
Make sure you use the IP address in XBMC the one that is listed under the system info. Also make sure that when you type in your password or username on the iphone it isn't automatically capitalizing the first letter.
avcar Wrote:It's ok to ask I don't mind at all, I'm sure I'm doing something silly
I am connected to the same wireless network, the XBMC pc is connected to the same router witha network cable

I've tried 192.168.1.4 still can't connect to XBMC Sad

Go to a dos prompt > Start > Run > cmd

Type in ipconfig <enter> Note the IPv4 address. That is the address of the computer and what you will enter in the iPhone app.

Do not enable the proxy in xmbc

Go to Internet Explorer while xmbc is minimized and enter in the IP Address from above adding the port you configured in Settings > Network > Allow control of XBMC via http to the end. This should bring up the default web interface to xmbc.

Assuming this works - repeat in the iphone app. If this doesn't work, I'd suggest getting a friend with a better understanding of networking to give you an assist.
-stoli-
You may have a port conflict on your network... Try using port 8082 instead. Change the XBMC setting and the setting in the iPhone App to match

I know that the utorrent webui also uses port 8080 so of that it active it may interfer
First I'd like to say this application and iphone app are exactly what I have been looking for and I'm blown away. I am building a HTPC tomorrow just because of this application.

On to my question.... Is there anyway to prompt for movie/tv show information with the xbmc "official" remote control appHuh To clarify I am trying to replicate the right click and movie info for the plot and description. Is there a way to do thisHuh
As far as I know, there is not an official xbmc iphone app, but a few third party ones. I am sure most of them would support specific keypresses or atleast display movie info on your phone.

For questions like these it is a lot easier if you post in the thread for the specific app you are talking about.
I am trying to replicate the right click and movie info for the plot and description. Is there a way to do this......

-> You have to use the 'Context Menu' button, both XBMC Remote and XBMC Controller have that functionality
wickstar Wrote:Hey lads,

I bought the official (I guess?) XBMC iphone app - and its absolutely amazing. Love how i can see the movie/serie pictures ect.

But each time i connect via my iphone, its unable to connect! Then if i go into "system info" the ip-adress has changed! And that is each time i have turned off my pc...

Hi, I have the same issue with the same app. I'd set my pc machine, running the latest XBMC, with a static IP but comcast, my internet provider only offers Dynamic IP. They offer a static address for an extra charge. Sorry for the long windedness, but my question is this. Is there a way to "fake" a static ip using only xbmc so I can fully enjoy this app?

Thanks
KidVulcan Wrote:Hi, I have the same issue with the same app. I'd set my pc machine, running the latest XBMC, with a static IP but comcast, my internet provider only offers Dynamic IP. They offer a static address for an extra charge. Sorry for the long windedness, but my question is this. Is there a way to "fake" a static ip using only xbmc so I can fully enjoy this app?

Thanks
Check your router/modem for settings that will allow you to use something like DynDns.org or one of the other free service that do the same thing.
kricker is right. most modern routers can use DynDNS or alternatives. if your router doesn't (like mine) there is no shortage of desktop clients/daemons that do the same thing
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
robertvg Wrote:I am trying to replicate the right click and movie info for the plot and description. Is there a way to do this......

-> You have to use the 'Context Menu' button, both XBMC Remote and XBMC Controller have that functionality

Great thanks, but it doesnt seem to work, i hit "c" on my keyboard here and that works, but not from the context menu on the xbmc remote app.
Sorry, it took me a while to respond back but I wanted to read as much into what DNS is as I could. I've been using DynDns over the weekend and it's been working great. I highly recommend it to any one who is having issues connecting their iphones to their media center
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one.

I just bought this app and recently downloaded xbmc so I'm a relatively new user. I can't however get this app to connect to my host (mac) despite following setup instructions to the letter. Basically when I try to go to settings and try to connect to my macbook (automatically generated) it will not connect. I've tried to set up an XBMC host manually and it still wont work.

This is slowly driving me round the bend as I can't figure out how to get this to connect properly. What I have discovered though is that the installation videos on youtube and the site actually direct you to "enable the web server". Despite changing the skin to the most original (the one shown on the youtube video - PM3.HD), this option does not appear. I have instead "services" where I can allow control via http or UPnP. This shouldn't be a different format issue as the instructions specific for Mac and Linux still state that I should be able to click a radio button to enable the webserver.

Can someone please help me out on this one?

Many thanks in advance
Did you check your firewall settings?

What is your xbmc set up? Are you on Dharma?
Mac os x 10.x?
Enable control via http....
-stoli-
Thanks for the reply StillSchweiger

My firewall is is fine and I've got no other problems using another remote control app from my iphone to my mac (mobile mouse or the remote app for example). I'm running v 9.11 not sure where I can check whether it's dharma build or not - but basically it's the latest version available for download. Mac os x 10.6.5

stoli - I'd be happy to do that normally but after paying for the app (albeit it's not a huge price) I'd really like to use it. You've hit a good point though and after trying to access it via http on my phone and finding I couldn't, I'm guessing it's now some sort of network issue? But I'm a bit puzzled as to why my other remote apps work without issue...

Again, thanks for the help
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2