• 28(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
I have been using this remote for a few days now and I think its great. With this app is there any need to get a dedicated remote like the Harmony or Windows MCE? Does this app have all the same features that the dedicated remotes have?
hi guys, im trying to connect to xbmc from the iphone app, i can connect to it on my works laptop but not on my desktop pc! it is all on the same network so i dont really know what is going on can anyone help?

Thanks Kelvin
Firewall blocking it?
turned the firewall off still no luck! its very weird. my desktop pc has windows 7 and my works laptop has vista! could it be something on my dekstops network card (built in)?
Just downlaoded the IOS version of the XBMC app for the Ipod Touch. Does anyone have a link to how to set it up in XBMC? The video linked to the Touch app is an old version and has different menus. I can't work out what settings I need to set up under the network settings for the latest version of XBMC (Windows). As it's a touch I only need access over my home LAN.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.
Finchy Wrote:Just downlaoded the IOS version for the Ipod Touch. Does anyone have a link to how to set it up in XBMC? The video linked to the Touch app is an old version and has different menus. I can't work out what settings I need to set up under the network settings for the latest version of XBMC (Windows). As it's a touch I only need access over my home LAN.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

In Network settings, turn on Enable "Allow control via http" and set the port to something other then 80. 89 should be fine. Then set the username and password, if desired.

Add the same setting to the IOS app and you should be set

@DarkHelmet - turn off "cache images" and refresh them to get new ones. In a large library this can be a pain...
-stoli-
Thanks, that did it. And quite by accident I figured out a way to update the video library. You just need to hit the xbmc host in the settings section.

When playing music and hitting the skip forward button, the music always pauses and I need to hit play again. Can anyone confirm this behaviour and possibly knows a workaround?

How do you guys manage dvd control? I have many dvds in my video library. When i play these from the video library it will of course start with the dvd menu and I'd need the remote function afterwards to choose the language, subtitle, scene or access bonus sections of my dvd. I can of course change to the remote function but this seems somehow unhandily. How do you do it?
I'm running the new 10 version of XBMC on Windows 7 and it connects through the iPhone but the controls don't do anything and none of the movies, tv shows, etc comes up on the phone
DarkHelmet Wrote:How do you guys manage dvd control? I have many dvds in my video library. When i play these from the video library it will of course start with the dvd menu and I'd need the remote function afterwards to choose the language, subtitle, scene or access bonus sections of my dvd. I can of course change to the remote function but this seems somehow unhandily. How do you do it?

none of my movies are in dvd/iso w/ menu's. i use the app's "library views" when im not infront of the TV & the "remote mode" (to control XBMC's GUI) when i am

there are 2 ways to get to the remote - you probably know this already
  • flip the phone upside down for buttons (up/down/left/right/ok...)
  • add the remote button to the app's dock
i prefer the flip-flop'ing around
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Is there a right button mouse click in this app? I haven't found it yet. Cant see why there wouldn't be one :-)
vitaminbjorn Wrote:Is there a right button mouse click in this app? I haven't found it yet. Cant see why there wouldn't be one :-)

Not really a rmc as far as I know but there is a 'Context Menu' button, you can add it to one of the screens.
1. Why do rar'ed movies not get any fanart/posters in the app?

Will buttons like update library, context menu, next subtitle and so on be fixed? it doesnt look okay at all like it is now.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
newphreak Wrote:2.
Will buttons like update library, context menu, next subtitle and so on be fixed? it doesnt look okay at all like it is now.
Press edit and move and re-size the buttons.
oh, didnt know that was possible, thanks Smile one problem solved
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
I posted this in the collect3 forums, wanted to share with everyone here also:

Quote:To all those having trouble with WOL:

I found a way to get this working without dual entries in XBMC remote using my DD-WRT router.

I set up port triggering (in DD-WRT, this is under NAT/QOS -> Port Triggering) such that 'Triggered Port Range' is set to start on port 8080 and end on port 8080 (or whatever you have XBMC's web server set to) and set it to both TCP/UDP and then set Forwarded Port Range' to port 9 (through port 9.) In the XBMC Remote server configuration, I just point it to the local IP as normal. Make sure to have the MAC address set in the WOL config of the XBMC Remote.

I assume this will work in any port-triggering enabled router, though I'm somewhat surprised it worked over a local IP (as opposed to a connection addressed to the router's WAN IP.)

Finally!!! A painless way to wake up my XBMC HTPC using XBMC Remote.

I posted this in a thread where people, including myself, have had problems using WOL in the XBMC Remote. The intermediate solution I and others had been using was to set up a connection within XBMC as follows (assuming an XBMC IP of 192.168.1.100):

Quote:At home (Local WiFi Network)
Host/IP: 192.168.1.255

Away from home (3G Network)
Host/IP: 192.168.1.100

This method worked, but when sleeping/waking the iphone you would have to go back into the settings and re-select the server in order to get a connection to XBMC.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2