• 29(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
Is it possible to add lets say the Youtube add-on as a video source so i can browse the content on my iphone XBMC remote?
Hi,

i've been trying to configure the Collect3 XBMC iPhone app for days now but still no luck. When this app first was released a few years back it worked perfectly with my 3GS but now, no luck.

I'm using the latest stable Dharma (10.0 r35647) and the latest IOS.

I've tried to change port, with and without pass, ip-adress, port forwarding, remove and re-install XBMC and the app. Everytime i try to connect it says "could not connect. Every setting is correct in network settings and iPhone. When i type myip:8080 in my browser on my pc i see all my movies, music etc, however, not in the iPhone.

What am I doing wrong?
@lordnotan - when you try from Safari on the iPhone what do you get? Is your iPhone actually connected to your wifi?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:@lordnotan - when you try from Safari on the iPhone what do you get? Is your iPhone actually connected to your wifi?

It just loads and then "safari couldn't open the page", yes i'm connected with my wifi.
@lordnotan - sounds like a firewall issue on work pc then. What if you access from another computer over wifi? Do you have the "allow programs on other systems to control" enabled?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:@lordnotan - sounds like a firewall issue on work pc then. What if you access from another computer over wifi? Do you have the "allow programs on other systems to control" enabled?

I've tried to disable the firewall but same problem, cant connect. Yeah, I have that one active.

Just tried it on my laptop running an older version ox XBMC ( 9.04.1 r20672) and it worked instantly... You reckon it could be my anti-virus program? On my laptop i'm running F-Secure and on my HTPC i'm running ESET Smart Security.

EDIT: Tried to uninstall ESET, problem remains...
I have a computer serving up movies to 3 other computers. In my sons room he has a laptop to play movies that are served up from the main computer. As a typical lazy teen he wants to know can he use his iphone to control his laptop. Can this be done? So basically the chain would be...iphone to laptop to server.
Yes, you can run XBMC on the laptop reading media from shares on the main computer, then use the iPhone app to control the laptop.

JR
Has anyone ever heard from the devs of the remote since the last release? I see quite many posts concerning bug reports, feature wishes etc. on their forums but no reply in many months.
I know they are working on a new version, but what the timeline is I have no clue. I think most of their time is going into other products at the moment such as VideoStream.
Many of us have been asking for simple track queuing for well over two years now. The message is always the same, "it's on the list but we are busy working on x,y, and z".

At this stage, they should make the code open source and make this a free app. There are many talented ppl here who would gladly give there time for free to fix the outstanding bugs and finish key missing features, myself included.
Considering the last time Collect3 responded to a request for help on their forums was back in October, it's looking like this is abandonware just like their SoapBox app. Unfortunate as it is a good app.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Considering the last time Collect3 responded to a request for help on their forums was back in October, it's looking like this is abandonware just like their SoapBox app. Unfortunate as it is a good app.

Also considering the last post by them in this topic(and the streamer one) was June last year ... I think you're right. They just keep selling on the AppStore a known not fully functioning application.
d0m1nation Wrote:Is it possible to add lets say the Youtube add-on as a video source so i can browse the content on my iphone XBMC remote?

bump
Gryph Wrote:Also considering the last post by them in this topic(and the streamer one) was June last year ... I think you're right. They just keep selling on the AppStore a known not fully functioning application.

you have a point and an extremely valid one at that and it upsets me to a point this remote and the streamer app are in my opinion the best ones out there it is a real shame to see these apps gather so much dust and those apps were the main reason i picked up an ipod touch.....
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2