• 31(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
bobrap Wrote:Take the money and run!:mad:

maybe i should be a dick and try to demand my money back....just a thought
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I found the app did what I wanted it to do when I first installed it, but ever since I managed to get my XBOX mini remote working with EventGhost, I've never looked back. The iPhone (and presumably Android and other similar ones) apps are great for skipping straight to particular episodes/movies, but XBMC is designed to work with a real remote really well. If you don't have an IR device and a remote, it's definitely worth investing.
I think I may be blowing this way out of proportion but the way the devs skipped out on this app and xbmc streamer is crap, just posted on thier forums and hopefully I will get an answer as to the status of the application and to the possibility to opening up the code so someone else (or a group) could take it over. The one thing we could do is when leaving a review for their apps is mention that they tend to drop apps and bush them aside so others will know what they tend to do and how atleast in my mind, make the appps for a quick buck, just calling bullshit when i see it.
Lots o' luck! Glad you're doing the leg work. I gave up awhile ago.
well, uh it would appear that they did not approve my post....hopefully someone saw it though.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:well, uh it would appear that they did not approve my post....hopefully someone saw it though.

Does it not work? I have a spare ipod touch and was considering it.
collect3 did something real cool.
i was one of their original beta testers.
updates where fast and furious
but things changed & its no longer getting better Sad

i've given up on it & switched to xbmc commander.
IMO, the library views are superior
& it has some things missing from xbmc-remote
... like viewing the library when xbmc is not around (3G/not home)

that said, i still prefer a real (IR) remote
& commander as the back-up ... for all those times my bro looses it
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
zosky Wrote:collect3 did something real cool.
i was one of their original beta testers.
updates where fast and furious
but things changed & its no longer getting better Sad

i've given up on it & switched to xbmc commander.
IMO, the library views are superior
& it has some things missing from xbmc-remote
... like viewing the library when xbmc is not around (3G/not home)

that said, i still prefer a real (IR) remote
& commander as the back-up ... for all those times my bro looses it

Very cool, I have a wee little keyboard remote, but I may give the commander a look.

Cheers Smile
"OK" Button on the remote dosen't pause/play videos for me anymore(?) Sad thats the feature i needed the most :o
I've been using your XBMC Remote control fo a long time. I think its still the best one around. Especially when you can design it ypurself and sens http-commands.

I upgraded to the newest release of XBMC yesterday and the remote stopped working. It's connecting to XBMC but nothing happens when I'm pushing the buttons. The HTTP-commads is still working but the xbmc-buttons doesnt.

Has anyone else had this problem?
What is the different between xbmc 11 and 12 that is doing this?
(2013-02-02, 10:37)larni_weskel Wrote: I've been using your XBMC Remote control fo a long time. I think its still the best one around. Especially when you can design it ypurself and sens http-commands.

I upgraded to the newest release of XBMC yesterday and the remote stopped working. It's connecting to XBMC but nothing happens when I'm pushing the buttons. The HTTP-commads is still working but the xbmc-buttons doesnt.

Has anyone else had this problem?
What is the different between xbmc 11 and 12 that is doing this?

got the same issue here,don't know how to work this out
The underlying remote control stuff on XBMC's end (just to simplify the explanation) has been changed in 12, so all remote apps have to be updated to support it.

I loved this particular app, and its a shame its no longer being supported.
Definitely the best app for XBMC - so customizable...

but then WTF! no support for a paid app... for a fully supported and ever advancing media KING, XBMC - it's not like XBMC are going to fade out but definitely keep growing.
Collect3 could be raking in the dollars now but choose not to... as there are new users every day.
I have tweeted, emailed and fb'd but no response from collect3... makes one wary of their other apps

It's going to be a shame to change platforms or spend money on another, meh, app

who else is using which remote and how is it??
And it doesn't even mention on their website nor iTunes that it does not support XBMC12, so there might be even people buying it, only then finding out it is useless. Can we leave some user comments at iTunes that the app has now become worthless ?
(2013-02-06, 10:58)robertvg Wrote: And it doesn't even mention on their website nor iTunes that it does not support XBMC12, so there might be even people buying it, only then finding out it is useless. Can we leave some user comments at iTunes that the app has now become worthless ?

Hey, I just bought this app 2 days ago...been struggling to get it to work for 2 days.

Let me just get this straight...are you telling me that this xbmc remote app that I paid for does not work with xbmc?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2