• 4(current)
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app
JoWa Wrote:hey guys, just bought this app and it's totally awesome... don't have to buy a remote for my htpc now Big Grin

i just configured the remote screen and noticed that there isn't a button to change the audio stream... or am i just overlooking it?

greetz

Hey JoWa! Glad you like the remote Wink We actually have another release in review right now. Not as big as the last update, but lots of goodies none the less.

Next audio stream is not currently in the remote. However, I will add it to my ever growing "todo list" and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it in a future release.

Rand
Will this new release fix the crash when connecting to XBMC running under Ubuntu? It works fine for my Xboxes and PC but Ubuntu it just crashes without any warning...
Hmm, I think that might be an isolated occurrence. We haven't had any other reports of this happening. Several of our testers are running Ubuntu and SVN builds of XBMC. I can look into it and see if there is something strange going on, but unless you get us some more details, it may be a tough one to stomp.

From now on, if everyone could direct help requests to our forums. I am sure the Devs here would appreciate that. I don't mind answering quick questions here, but I don't want this thread to turn into one long support thread Wink

Cheers,
Rand
I don't know what else to tell you. This is the stable version of XBMC from 25.05. Will try the unstable PPA next week when I have time to play with my new ION PC

Is there a log on the iPod somewhere?
Hmm, just went back through the changelog and it looks like there is a commit that addresses crashes in the settings menu. I will chat have a chat with the other dev and see if that is what he was referring to. If it is, it will be in v 1.6. Sometimes it is hard to remember what is in the official release and what is only in the betas Wink
Rand,
Remote is working great.

feature requests
can you have settings for each bottom menu button so we can choose which direct to Library mode and Files mode?

Can you add jump buttons to the playback interface?

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hey livin,

I don't know if you are aware but you can change the buttons across the bottom by going to more then edit. If you wanted to make one of the bottom buttons link to say, your tvshows folder but in files mode, you could make a custom bookmark called "tv shows" then from more->edit you could drag that to the menu across the bottom.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "jump buttons to the playback interface"?
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Hey livin,

I don't know if you are aware but you can change the buttons across the bottom by going to more then edit. If you wanted to make one of the bottom buttons link to say, your tvshows folder but in files mode, you could make a custom bookmark called "tv shows" then from more->edit you could drag that to the menu across the bottom.

I did not know that... nice!

Rand Al Thor Wrote:I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "jump buttons to the playback interface"?

with XBMC's media player you have 'jump' options... big & small / fwd & back

It would be cool to have buttons so we can access them.
The directional pad usually controls these... left/right = small jumps, up/down = large jumps

I have one more new request Wink

Ability to send HTTP commands and tie them to a button (existing or new)
- why? I'll explain...
I use EventGhost to control my IR, automate my HTPC, and some of my audio system
I use Homeseer to control my lighting and some of my audio system.

What they both have in common is the ability to receive commands via HTTP... thus triggering an action/event within each app.

It would be great to use your remote app and create a new button, basically a macro.
It might do something like this...

send HTTP command ABC to EventGhost (turn on audio system, etc)
send HTTP command XYZ to Homeseer (dim lighting, etc)
open Movies library on XBMC

and that is just the beginning of what it could do Nod
You didn't hear this from me, but there has been some talk about custom http commands Wink Definitely nothing official and no ETA, but I already have some code in place.

Rand
Rand Al Thor Wrote:You didn't hear this from me, but there has been some talk about custom http commands Wink Definitely nothing official and no ETA, but I already have some code in place.

Rand

I like what I did not hear Nod

If you need a tester let me know... I have lots of stuff to test on.
Am a fond user of the XBMC remote. Only one question though: I have the option "hidecompilationartists" set to true, as I only want to show the Album Artists in my MP3 list (I have many compilation CDs).

However, when browsing on my iPhone i see all artists appearing again. Is it possible on the remote to only show the compilation artists in stead of all artists?
Just a quick question will this remote also launch xbmc on the PC or does it already have to be running as an application first?

Thanks
styx06 Wrote:Am a fond user of the XBMC remote. Only one question though: I have the option "hidecompilationartists" set to true, as I only want to show the Album Artists in my MP3 list (I have many compilation CDs).

However, when browsing on my iPhone i see all artists appearing again. Is it possible on the remote to only show the compilation artists in stead of all artists?

The remote now handles Artists the way that XBMC does. If XBMC knows that the album is a compilation (i.e. the compilation flag has been ticked or the album artist is Various Artists) it should remove those from the artist list.

Quote:Just a quick question will this remote also launch xbmc on the PC or does it already have to be running as an application first?

The remote cannot currently launch XBMC. We have had this request before though. I would say it would be possible if the custom http command feature ever makes it into a release.

Rand
Rand,
I have found one or two bugs and have a few feature requests...

Bugs
1) When I use Files view to start a video it adds several videos to the queue.
2) I have not been able to get the Pause/Play and Fw/Rw buttons to work on the Now Playing screen... volume works fine.

Feature Requests (by priority IMO)
1) ability to delete items from Queue screen
2) Bottom bar menu scrollable & select which shortcuts are displayed
- it would be useful to have a customizable set of shortcut buttons that could scroll in addition to the ... button. For those with many custom bookmarks that want direct access. Also the ... screen does not seem to display custom bookmarks?
3) Shortcut directly to Queue screen

I still love the app, use it every day - way better than my regular remote!
hey guys,

oh love your remote app... though it doesnt work yet.
im using the latest version 1.6 together with ubuntu 8.04. and the the latest svn.
after automatic adding or manual add (no matter which) the xbmc pc was found but
"no media found" in every section

and yes i have a correct library set up. any suggestions?j i already paid for your lovely app and need that thing for my wife ;-)

sniiiiiiiiiiipppp

just had a port error. port8080 was also used by my shoutcast server. sorry. everything works right now. GREAT"!!!!
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iPhone Remote from Collect3 - an unofficial third-party remote control app2