• 11(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
Thanks for the reply Jezz,

Jezz_X Wrote:While a good Idea I really think this one comes down to personal preference but you right I really should add the clock into the info pages

Well, to be honest, just the clock is fine for me Big Grin but I wanted to have different dialogs for the osd menu and info. As I use the info several times while watching a movie I prefer it to have a small footprint in the video. Just a personal preference as you said.

Quote:This one is a little too General for my liking just because somthing is in an iso doesn't mean that its a dvd. Its kind of a big assumption thats bound to cause me many a complaint about false positives if I add it for everyone. Plus I think its kind of silly all by itself Smile when flagging for iso's works I might add a ISO image for it

Yep, I also agree!! Laugh but as the Aeon skin is using exactly that I thought it was save enough to be mainstream (and all my iso files *are* DVDs so it helps Laugh ). For me having a dvd icon just tell me all other media flagging so it was fine while waiting for the proper iso media flagging support.

Anyways, even if you don't want to apply the changes into mainstream (which of course is fine for me), I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please move the DialogSeekBar code into an include in the "VideoOSDCommons.xml" file? That's what I've done in my first patch. That way I can use the seekbar both in the info dialog and when seeking in the video. It'll be much easier for me to keep these changes current with new versions of your great skin. Many thanks!!

Quote: P.S thanks for not posting huge images

You're welcome, I think it should be forced in the forum. I don't like huge screenshots at all! Wink

PS: I'm going to post another patch with yet another change, it re-defines the "latest movies/episodes", let's see how you like this one! Laugh
pilluli You wanna know how I think might be an easier way to do it ?
add this to the visible line in DialogSeekbar.xml
PHP Code:
Window.IsVisible(FullScreenInfo
and then make DialogFullScreenInfo.xml look like this
PHP Code:
<window type="dialog" id="142">
    <
defaultcontrol always="true">603</defaultcontrol>
    <
controls>
        <include>
Clock</include>
    </
controls>
</
window
Thanks Jezz, I'll let you know if it works but it definitely looks much easier than my first approach!!! Big Grin

Jezz_X Wrote:You wanna know how I think might be an easier way to do it ?
add this to the visible line in DialogSeekbar.xml
PHP Code:
Window.IsVisible(FullScreenInfo
and then make DialogFullScreenInfo.xml look like this
PHP Code:
<window type="dialog" id="142">
    <
defaultcontrol always="true">603</defaultcontrol>
    <
controls>
        <include>
Clock</include>
    </
controls>
</
window
Hi,

I think having two panels with latest movies and episodes information was just using too much space so I've created a patch to merge them into "latest videos" so episodes and movies are shown in the same panel. Here you can see a screenshots of the result Nod

Right now it shows your latest videos (which haven't been ever played) sorted by time added to the library. Here is the patch.

Regards,
I actually put them side by side in my current version and am leaning towards adding seperate home menus for tv shows and movies (disabled by default) then only one will be visible at a time anyway because they would move out of videos button into each section

Because I too understand the WAF that CiXel talked about Smile

P.S I also cleaned up and moved its code out f home so if you want your you can just replace the xml Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:I actually put them side by side in my current version and am leaning towards adding seperate home menus for tv shows and movies (disabled by default) then only one will be visible at a time anyway because they would move out of videos button into each section

NO Jezz!!! I just convinced my wife to use only one and now I can not go back again to having tvshows and movies separated again!!!! she's going to divorce me!!! Laugh Laugh Laugh

I have two reasons to merge them together. The first one is that I don't have that many videos added so 8 slots (4 movies and 4 videos) is too much and they are usually the same. Also I've added a new panel in my version showing the videos "currently watching" so I can start them easily with two clicks. I'm still testing it so didn't want to make it public yet. Here is a current screenshot so you can see how it is:

you did update to 0.8.8 right Smile
* Added a Show Video Preview instead of posters option to home in skin settings http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8571/...ot115k.jpg
Jezz_X Wrote:you did update to 0.8.8 right Smile
* Added a Show Video Preview instead of posters option to home in skin settings http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8571/...ot115k.jpg

What? How could I miss that? Rofl You mean that is showing the video currently watching? I thought from the changelog that was some kind of video previews for the latest added Huh

My only concern is if you can only support one video "currently watching" as my wife and I sometimes see different series and we usually have a couple (or even three) videos being watched at the same time...

PS: By the way, it took me a while to realize it was a screenshot of yours and not mine, we watch mostly the same series (trueblood + terminator) and also share some movies!! Wink
Ah OK, I just realized that i didn't make myself very clear, sorry! My panel is showing videos that you have stopped but are in the middle of watching them!

Maybe "currently watching" is not a very good name and should be renamed to "Being watched" or "In the middle of watching" Huh Actually what I did as to change the RecentlyAdded script to get videos (movies and episodes) that have a bookmark in them!

But I'm thinking that having a panel like the preview (showing a progress bar) mixed with my "currently watching" can be cool!! Don't know if XBMC stores the total length of the videos in the database though...

Regards,
Just a thank you for this excellent skin. Being a long time mediastream user who recently had to move to PM3.HD to use the HD tagging its nice to get back to old faithful.

I realize this is a personally project made public so suggestions likely will be moot but here goes anyway.

*The onscreen "whats playing" popup on the left and then a separate button to pull up the plot is not to my taste. I much preferred the bottom up mediastream one. I expect this will never change but can we move the tagging from the right pane to the left as i find myself looking for it.
*I miss fanart from the Media Info views.
*The Mrs could understand why direct access to TV and Movies from the home screen was removed

Kudos on an excellent job
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
See the left menu for fanart.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

xexe Wrote:I realize this is a personally project made public so suggestions likely will be moot but here goes anyway.

*The onscreen "whats playing" popup on the left and then a separate button to pull up the plot is not to my taste. I much preferred the bottom up mediastream one. I expect this will never change but can we move the tagging from the right pane to the left as i find myself looking for it.
I thought this when I first started using it, but the side panel has grown on me. Having a larger plot window is nice too, especially with the occasionally immense plot lengths on IMDB.

The media flagging on the left pane would be a good idea though, perhaps with the year alongside the title as well (which would make more room in the right pane for, say, cast?).
Please can we have approx finish time on the info screen during the movie as my girlfriend wont sway from minimedia without this feature.
pilluli Wrote:Ah OK, I just realized that i didn't make myself very clear, sorry! My panel is showing videos that you have stopped but are in the middle of watching them!

Maybe "currently watching" is not a very good name and should be renamed to "Being watched" or "In the middle of watching" Huh Actually what I did as to change the RecentlyAdded script to get videos (movies and episodes) that have a bookmark in them!

Regards,

Maybe you should rename it to 'now playing'
Jezz_X Wrote:I actually put them side by side in my current version and am leaning towards adding seperate home menus for tv shows and movies (disabled by default) then only one will be visible at a time anyway because they would move out of videos button into each section

Please do (it'll save me doing it myself for a start Wink ) and it would be even better if you'd consider adding 'Recently Added', 'Genre', 'Plugins' and 'Files' similar to MS to the side menu.

Oh, and while I'm at it would you consider adding a 'Settings' button to the Shutdown Menu? I've got so used to accessing it from anywhere using Aeon I really miss it.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8