• 12(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
Jezz great work as always .. but has been pointed out the one thing that is missing I had changed to your skin the other day and come Saturday night there was almost a breakdown in the house when GF couldn't access her videos as before .. I can understand keeping the main menu clean but I thought the format we had opted for with MediaStream worked perfectly .. Videos for non library content (Youtube downloads etc) then Movies and TV Shows (Library based) .. I hope you decide to implement this even if off by default .. Being honest for me that extra click is a hassle .. Maybe I am just set in my ways .. lol

Really nice job and runs a treat on the Xbox as well.

D
Awesome skin, Jezz...

I do have one problem, though -- Anyone have any idea why none of the background images on the home screen might not display?

I have checked the installation's Backgrounds folder and images are present... I've reinstalled the skin multiple times and it still doesn't show the home screen background images... I even tried updating to T3CH 06/27 -- still nothing.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
JustMeD Wrote:Jezz great work as always .. but has been pointed out the one thing that is missing I had changed to your skin the other day and come Saturday night there was almost a breakdown in the house when GF couldn't access her videos as before .. I can understand keeping the main menu clean but I thought the format we had opted for with MediaStream worked perfectly .. Videos for non library content (Youtube downloads etc) then Movies and TV Shows (Library based) .. I hope you decide to implement this even if off by default .. Being honest for me that extra click is a hassle .. Maybe I am just set in my ways .. lol

Really nice job and runs a treat on the Xbox as well.

D

I concur. Bring back TV shows & the TV shows background, I love the fanart on the TV wall too. Otherwise it's a fantastic remake and works superb on my xbox
dxg836 Wrote:I concur. Bring back TV shows & the TV shows background, I love the fanart on the TV wall too. Otherwise it's a fantastic remake and works superb on my xbox

I like it the way it is now, if you change it make it an option.

Fanart on the TV Wall in the original MS was, eh No
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Baphomet Wrote:Awesome skin, Jezz...

I do have one problem, though -- Anyone have any idea why none of the background images on the home screen might not display?

I have checked the installation's Backgrounds folder and images are present... I've reinstalled the skin multiple times and it still doesn't show the home screen background images... I even tried updating to T3CH 06/27 -- still nothing.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

If you go into system info it will tell you the build date of the current version of xbmc you have I'm betting its not as new as you think
OK About the TV Shows / Movies in home I'm still undecided If I want to put it in. And when and if I do it will be disabled by default I probably wont be adding different background for the video sections for it and I definitly wont be adding the old MS background with the fanart on the screen
I think I found a bug in the skin. In the weather section I selected something about show fanart in the left menu and then the weather entry disappeared from the home menu Huh I had to manually open the guisettings.xml file and delete all entries related to weather to get it back.

Also, any help on how to change the number of episodes listing in the tvshows list (the one just on the right of each tvshow)? I wanted to see the number of unwatched episodes when "hide watched" is on and the total one when "hide watched" is off. I cannot manage to find the list in the xml files Confused

Thanks,
The weather disappeared on the home screen for myself and Aenima99x as well.
Thanks for replies, I presume, I just place the folder in the skin folder, which I have done, but I still get the messeage comming up saying incompatiable skin, as far as I know I have the latest build,again if somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be appreiciated

Paul
pilluli Wrote:I think I found a bug in the skin. In the weather section I selected something about show fanart in the left menu and then the weather entry disappeared from the home menu Huh I had to manually open the guisettings.xml file and delete all entries related to weather to get it back.

Also, any help on how to change the number of episodes listing in the tvshows list (the one just on the right of each tvshow)? I wanted to see the number of unwatched episodes when "hide watched" is on and the total one when "hide watched" is off. I cannot manage to find the list in the xml files Confused

Thanks,

I found and fixed the bug of the dissapearing weather button
Edit : let me explain the reason why
* fixed Weather button would vanish if you enabled Weather fanart but didn't set the path to it

as for the text thats Listitem.Label2 in all the lists that are visible you need to go and change then to all conditional vis and add the ones you want to the other condition the condition would be Container.Content(TVShows)
First of all, I love what you've done to the skin.

Having said that, am I the only one who likes Wall View? It's by FAR my favorite view. I can't imagine scrolling through my movie collection using Poster Wrap or Info Wrap. Don't get me wrong, they're alright, but I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that this looks amazing:

Something to think about/aim for.
I'm sure Jezz_X will resist the urge to add another 20 view types which are inefficient to navigate. I'm hopefully that he'll kill a few off instead, but I suspect he won't :p

XBMC running the original Mediastream was recently usability tested for a university project. The one thing that EVERYONE struggled with was they didn't know which of the 3 video items to click on the homepage to get to their videos.

The main problem with splitting up Movies and TV shows is what to do with files view. At the very least, any "splitting up" has to be done in a sane manner (i.e. only display the option(s) if the user has stuff in the library).

There's a reason we've always gone with one option by default: It makes it easier to use. After all, it's just about the same amount of clicks (perhaps 1 more, but that's it).

One thing that I think was initially suggested was sliding out the side menu automatically after a (very short) delay, though I don't think it was widely tested, and I'm not sure it would function all that well. I personally wouldn't be opposed to click making it slide out instead of actually doing something else, but that doesn't work for the items that don't have the side menu?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I'm sure Jezz_X will resist the urge to add another 20 view types which are inefficient to navigate. I'm hopefully that he'll kill a few off instead, but I suspect he won't :p

I agree with having less viewtypes, but I find that many of those that are currently available are very similar. There's the list view, or the poster wrap view in a few different flavors. In all of my reading, I have yet to see much discussion of the wall view, which happens to be my favorite. Especially now that the skin's code has been optimized for faster loading of thumbnails.

Quote:There's a reason we've always gone with one option by default: It makes it easier to use. After all, it's just about the same amount of clicks (perhaps 1 more, but that's it).

Why not make it an option to either combine, or separate the TV/Movies category?

Quote:One thing that I think was initially suggested was sliding out the side menu automatically after a (very short) delay, though I don't think it was widely tested, and I'm not sure it would function all that well. I personally wouldn't be opposed to click making it slide out instead of actually doing something else, but that doesn't work for the items that don't have the side menu?

Great idea with the auto-slide menu.
Long term goal was to actually have a settings window where you go and enable and disable all the views you don't want (except the default List for useage reasons)
But as for similar views I like Lists Smile I find a bunch of posters hard to concentrate on where I am and what I want.
About the only other "official" view the videolibrary will be getting is a thumb type view for episodes at some point. The rest of the sections like Music and programs and scripts will get a few more based on content. But I'm not going over board at least until I add the option to enable and disable ones people don't want and the defaults will be the ones I like to use.
Jezz_X Wrote:the defaults will be the ones I like to use.
Selfish bastard Rolleyes
Seriously though, thank you for sharing this great skin Jezz. It's nice to return to a skin with real usability after the "eye-candy" high wears off. Big Grin
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8