• 4(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveUnit
"Is there any way to also get the HDTV logo to be added to the sources? The bluray and hddvd ones are showng up nicely BTW. Just tell me if I am pushing my luck."

"Not really somthing I will add but I made it easy for you guys too just open up IncludesCodecFlagging.xml add the image and condition for it then put the hdtv logo in the flagging folder. (bare in mind the current implimentation has limits to its width of images it can display so some might get pushed out of view if you add to many unless you dig in and modify the view code that is)"

This should be no problem, but am I crazy that I am not seeing a Flagging folder anywhere? I even ran a search.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveUnit
This should be no problem, but am I crazy that I am not seeing a Flagging folder anywhere? I even ran a search.
yeah its in the xpr it doesn't really matter where you put it as long as the path in the <texture> tag is right
but the default for it is /media/flagging/video as you can see from the bluray examples up the top so you might want to create those folders
SlaveUnit Wrote:Jezz_X,
as you make changes or fixes to this will you re-upload to the first post again? Or should we just wait for the next release?
I'll edit the first post and make a announcement post as well (cause the version number will change)
zosky Wrote:Thanks Jezz_X. This is awesome stuff !!!

First impressions (after an hour of play)
  • the sub-menu for "misc options" is slick
  • "playing" in the "left menu" is also slick
    ... but this seems to be in lue of having the video visible in all the GUI screens No
    ... navigating while still seeing the video would be nice
  • "now playing" on the home screen only shows the thumb... why not the video stream ?
  • MS had the blue/grey "eye" to the left of each episode (for watched state)
    ... this is now in the "item display" (left side)
    ... same for TV shows & seasons ( xx total // xx watched )
    now this can only be seen on the selected item
    making it harder to find where i left off
  • in VideoOSD the new volume bar & paused "bubbles" are an improvement
  • the left-side OSD ... not so much
    when audio / video settings are open ... almost the entire video is obstructed
    ... this seemed less in your face in the original
im hoping some of these "short-comings" can be addressed
but please dont take any of this as negative
reDux rocks

Ok basically answering the bits I bolded
* The problem with the nowplaying info not always being visible was because old media stream always had a big gap at the top that it deliberatily left to fill with that info I chose to have more "fullscreen: type views and don't really want that over the top of it I personally don't mind going to the side to see so conclusion "not adding it back" sorry
* Video in home screen is still being worked on as an idea if you have a decent looking mockup/layout then feel free to post it
* watched status is still being worked on but I'm leaning to the less intrusive AEON way of a tick rather than the old ms eye
* Video OSD not going to change ever I did it this way so it matches Audio plus I like it.
* Video settings taking up most of the screen sure I know but if you click the ones that actually need to see the video (audio and subtitle delay) they vanish other wise pause before you enter it Smile

P.S. sorry about all the bad news for you Wink but glad you like it
looks awsome, cant wait to try it. Jezz, do u plan on finishing the mc360 redux you started as well? or the PMIII with the circular home screen? look forward to everything u do!
Jezz_X Wrote:Ok basically answering the bits I bolded
* The problem with the nowplaying info not always being visible was because old media stream always had a big gap at the top that it deliberatily left to fill with that info I chose to have more "fullscreen: type views and don't really want that over the top of it I personally don't mind going to the side to see so conclusion "not adding it back" sorry
* Video in home screen is still being worked on as an idea if you have a decent looking mockup/layout then feel free to post it
* watched status is still being worked on but I'm leaning to the less intrusive AEON way of a tick rather than the old ms eye
* Video OSD not going to change ever I did it this way so it matches Audio plus I like it.
* Video settings taking up most of the screen sure I know but if you click the ones that actually need to see the video (audio and subtitle delay) they vanish other wise pause before you enter it

glad to hear you're open to suggestions. (im a graphic designer) ill happily oblige. but its late & and i have to do the 9-5 thing tomorrow. i should have a chance to put pen to paper this weekend.
  • im not voting for the eye; rather a display on each list item
    (Total EPs/unwatched EPs / watched check mark ... ).
    can't wait to see this
  • with the OSD what you've done is good. but meh
    i'd prefer a traditional (horz) OSD -- where you get more realestate.
    ( i never liked the aud OSD in the first place )
    anyway my opinion here is moot since i wont be looking at it much
    i mainly use the iphone remote
  • i hadn't hit the delay options till you mentioned it. very slick !
    but im not in love with "media info" right blade ... rather bland
    and this could (or should) show in the left blade
    please say this is a work in progress too Huh
Jezz_X Wrote:P.S. sorry about all the bad news for you Wink but glad you like it
its ok, but you're fired. get out of my restaurant Laugh
no seriously, JOB WELL DONE MATE!
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
UPDATED TO VERSION 0.8.5
Changes :
* Skin Setting to enable TV Show Poster instead of banners looks like this
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4412/screenshot101.jpg
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8624/screenshot098.jpg
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/7352/...hot099.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4954/...hot100.jpg

* Added Skin Settings to normal settings Page.
* Fixed radio button for autoscroll plot in skin settings
* Fixed TVshows still shows in home side menu even though you had no tvshows in your library

CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD
Link in first post goes to new one now too
Wow Jezz, I'm glad you decided to open your work to us mortals. Thank you for a very nice work indeed. I love the concept of using the entire screen for the views and also some of the backgrounds you choose! Laugh

Here are my comments just in case you find them interesting and are willing to include them in your mod: Big Grin

- In the "lastest movies" panel, the movie covers do not change when different movies are selected. It will be cool if they do similar to the "latest TV shows"

- The alarm set when xbmc starts is a little bit annoying (mainly the beep though), I guess you need it to update the "lastest movie/show" info when updating the database but will it be possible to add something like a callback at the end of the updating?

- The mediastream skin uses different OSD for the video menu and the info. I see you have mixed them in one. That's fine for me but I usually use the info to check the movie time and also the clock. Is it possible to have two views or maybe to add the clock to the menu view? (Actually I've added that myself, a simple <include> in the code but I guess some animation is missing) Nod

- In the media flagging I'd love to have also an icon to show if there are subtitles in the movie/episode. Also, I'd remove the xvid/h264 icon (but that's just me I know people like it) but I couldn't care less for the encoder (not the bitrate though! Laugh)

- In the TV shows views, I agree with some other posts here, as I also use a lot the watched/unwatched number of episodes in the list so I could tell which ones I'm following without having to select them. I've read you're leaning on not adding this so I'd like you to consider at least showing not the total number of episodes in the list but only the unwatched ones Wink Also, pleeeeeasee add an option to show the eye icon (or some different icon) but I think it was very useful even if it clutter a bit the view.

- In the movie view, there are no indication if a movie has been watched (not even a check mark)

And I think that's all, hope you don't mind about my comments, just want to say that I've tried a lot of skins and I finally moved back to mediastream but yours is here to stay. Wink

Good work jezz, of course just ignore everything I say if you feel like!!
jmarshall Wrote:Jezz_X: You know we love it already, but for those that haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that skunk + JustMeD will agree with me when I say:

This is Mediastream made usable
I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I have a number of issues with MediaStream (mostly related to the number of options/settings there are) but I wouldn't have called it unusable. Stare

I'm getting close to finishing the initial work on MiniMeedia so will be returning to the original MediaStream in the next few weeks to tidy it up and bring it back into line with the features now common in other skins. (I wasn't going to but having played with it last night I realised that Redux is sufficiently different to still warrant a need for the original)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Awsome work Jezz_x, This is a nice revision to media stream.
Apologies - I should have worded that statement a little better! Clearly the original Mediastream is not unusable, given that it has been one of the most successful skins for XBMC.

I do, however, think this implementation is better (more usable) in this respect.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I have a number of issues with MediaStream (mostly related to the number of options/settings there are) but I wouldn't have called it unusable. Stare

I'm getting close to finishing the initial work on MiniMeedia so will be returning to the original MediaStream in the next few weeks to tidy it up and bring it back into line with the features now common in other skins. (I wasn't going to but having played with it last night I realised that Redux is sufficiently different to still warrant a need for the original)

I have to agree with you there skunk I think he needed a "FOR ME" added to that because these things are all personal choice Smile and the original does still indeed have its place and this was never meant to replace it.
It was eant for me and my tastes Nod
Yep, it's a personal thing.
I prefer the GUI of Mediastream/MiniMeedia.
Doesn't mean the other isn't usable.
nice.. but i love buttons "Movies", "TV shows" on home - so: unusable now

but very nice
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I have a number of issues with MediaStream (mostly related to the number of options/settings there are) but I wouldn't have called it unusable. Stare

It was a typo;-) He meant to say: This is PM3HD made obsolete.
Laugh
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Any chance that it could be added so that when you press one of the recently added tv-shows/movies in the home screen you get to choose to resume from previous point?

And can this be used with the latest jaunty ppaConfused? (not svn)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8