• 8(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
cool thanx
Hi Jezz_X!

Nice work, I love your skin, as it has the great look of MediaStream with the easy and clear arranged usability of PM3.HD.

Unfortunately I have noticed one bug in Video-Menu. Cover does not show for some videos (fanart is ok). Switching to MediaStream or any other skin, cover is showing up fine.

Any idea?

Regards,
Patrick
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
pat1975 Wrote:Hi Jezz_X!

Nice work, I love your skin, as it has the great look of MediaStream with the easy and clear arranged usability of PM3.HD.

Unfortunately I have noticed one bug in Video-Menu. Cover does not show for some videos (fanart is ok). Switching to MediaStream or any other skin, cover is showing up fine.

Any idea?

Regards,
Patrick

No idea unfortunately I use the same image tag as pretty much ever other skin to call them the only reall difference is the background loading so maybe thats failing on you a screenshot and a debug log would be a nice way to look for erros
Jezz_X Wrote:No idea unfortunately I use the same image tag as pretty much ever other skin to call them the only reall difference is the background loading so maybe thats failing on you a screenshot and a debug log would be a nice way to look for erros

About the background loading... is there anyway to set the fanart to load in the background but keep the thumb loading the "old" way?
On the xbox, with other skins as you cruise through the list fast, the thumbs also move fast, but obviously the backgrounds don't.
Using this skin, the thumb and the fanart load at the same time, so navigating the list will keep one thumb all the time until you rest some time on one, and both the thumb and fanart are loaded...
It's kind of nice to move through a list fast and seeing all the thumbs change too, even if the fanart doesn't...

I hope that made sense, excuse my broken english!
Jezz_X Wrote:No idea unfortunately I use the same image tag as pretty much ever other skin to call them the only reall difference is the background loading so maybe thats failing on you a screenshot and a debug log would be a nice way to look for erros

I got this yesterday, as I wanted to update some film-information for X-Men 2.
Switched over to MediaStream and did it there. Redux still doesn't show the cover.

I'll do some screenshots and pastebin the log.
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
Have just downloaded and installed but it keep telling incompatable skin, i require ver 2.10 or above, I have the latest copy of xbmc, and xbmc updater, but it still says the same, if you can help out our point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated

PaulHuh
Are you sure it's not inside another folder?
Paulkai Wrote:Have just downloaded and installed but it keep telling incompatable skin, i require ver 2.10 or above, I have the latest copy of xbmc, and xbmc updater, but it still says the same, if you can help out our point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated

PaulHuh

I would check when you unpacked it you didn't create an extra folder so now MediaStream_Redux root folder is in side another folder

snap !
I've not had the chance to be here in a long while, and still working (casually) on PM3.5, but my friend told me to peep this thread and I must say......."Jezz.....Great work as always!!!!!"

I tried this on my xbox.......works great except I get no media flags at all.( In Auriga and PM3.HD they show, so I know the info is there.......just doesn't display in this skin) Not in Movie Library.....not in TV Library. AND......The Recently Added (on Home) works, but no posters or Episode thumbs display.

Any ideas as to why I'm having these issues?

OHHHHH.......The entire skin works (and looks) beautifully on the HTPC........but I use the xbox as my Main, ya know.
The xbmc media flags support isn't merged to the xbox builds.No
Hope this will be merged, please Arnova. Big Grin
Xbox user here and I have to say I love this skin. Thank you Jezz_X Big Grin
This skin was made for xbox, I dont know how you done it without using the xbox anymore but it works amazingly well Rolleyes

The recently added stuff makes it really unique but it does seem to take some time when I hover over movies every time to load. Will try your new updated script when I get home for this.

Was thinking if Dev's could integrate this feature rather then being a script would definitely be a cool feature.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this skin everyday as it's definitely one of the most exciting skins to come along in a while.
pat1975 Wrote:I got this yesterday, as I wanted to update some film-information for X-Men 2.
Switched over to MediaStream and did it there. Redux still doesn't show the cover.

I'll do some screenshots and pastebin the log.

Hi Jezz_x,

here we go.

Log: http://pastebin.com/m7de59d61

Screenshot: Image
Great skin. I only have one question. The media tagging (H.264, Dolby Digital, etc) shows up on the few movies I have with avi or mkv extensions. The rest of my movie library is in ISO format and the media tagging doesn't pull up any meta data.

Is this a limitation of the media tagging implementation in XBMC?
Can you computer see with a mouse over what type of video file is in the .iso
XBMC can't do it also.
Great skin... thanks Jezz_X

but... one of the things i miss from Mediastream is MediaCount. Can you please implement this one?? Or can someone point me in the right direction for add this feature to Redux.

Thanks
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8