Fansub Subtitle Error Reports
I watch a lot of Anime from Fansub groups out on the net. Typically the subtitles work fine, some of them don't work very well. Almost everything I watch is contained in MKV and are almost all "stylized."

I understand the support for subtitles (inside MKV) isn't a priority, they atleast work at this point. I also can understand that probably all of these fansub groups don't encode using many standards, and definitely they don't do everything the same. Each have their own guidelines on how to encode their videos. I would say that typically they learn from their mistakes, or the encoder changes from month to month or any other number of reasons.

Would it be OK for me to provide a trac ticket for when I find a video that has subtitles that don't appear properly? I can provide screenshots of how it looks on a player that it was designed for (Typically Media Player Classic in Windows using CCCP). I'd also be willing to upload the problem video in question to a private FTP for a dev to look at.

I'm wondering how much trouble this might lead to if the devs are chasing ghosts fixing problems that a fansubber caused by not doing something correctly. Fixing the subtitles to work on one video might break the display of subtitles on another video.

Please let me know if I should help out in this manner.
i don't see how this is fansubbers problem if the subs works fine on all other media players except on xbmc. I understand this is probably not the devs priority as they probably don't watch many videos with subs.
Well I have noticed that in XBMC, vobsubs do not work properly embedded in MKV. I have occasionally also seen that some of styles in ASS subs are not properly displayed. So there might be genuine bugs there (or maybe just lack of features?)

Anyway submitting a ticket about it would at least make them aware of any bugs if there are any Smile.

(Personally I'm including SRT subs with all my movies, because all other standards are poorly supported especially by hardware players like PCH and TVIX).
im happy the subs work for the most part but it would be great if xbmc could display them how they where made to be seen. Only real problem i have is i cant see subs that are embeded in mkv with vpud which means i cant watch my HD movie unless i want many dropped frames.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fansub Subtitle Error Reports0