[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?
azido Wrote:ok, can you be a bit more specific please:

1. what's your graka/driver
2. which exact build of win7 x64 do you use - and: are you SURE you are using the 64bit version
3. what did you do prior to install 22814 (especially: did you install anything dx-related, codecs etc)
4. did you need to have anything set up in xbmc before it worked and finally
5. did you try to play those videos on your main monitor or on a second monitor/screen (my target is to have it playing on the tv which is connected as a 2nd monitor via vga)

thanks for your answer.

Ok just quickly as i don't want to take the thread off track

1. Nvidia 8800 GTS (device manages report driver ver 8.15.11.8581)
2. Win 7 x64 7100 (definately x64, need it for full access to 4g ram)
3. Not really installed anything too specific as i do have a couple of codec packs installed, k-lite for instance)
4. Didn't change anything in XBMC, ran and it worked
5. Been playing full screen on single monitor, currently watching vids in windowed mode

If you want to know anything else PM me and i'll try to help out
nutski Wrote:If you want to know anything else PM me and i'll try to help out

ok, thank you. seems like i've lost with my ati card atm.
to stop "hijacking" the development thread, i've created this thread in the windows support section so we could have a place to talk about those dx revisions (hoping that will be ok).
cheers,azido :;):
Some feedback;
I am using the gigabyte S775 with Quad core running at 3.3Ghz & 4Gb or ram on a windows 7, the built in VGA is an INtel X4500HD which can decode 1080P with ease, the problem is i have been testing many diffrent SVN & drivers & still XBMC lags, especially Aeon skin, i was confident enough that my setup can cope with xbmc +Aeon;

Finally i relized that vsync is broken in xbmc/intel & therefore the lag i was getting.

To make a long story short, with the latest build Rev 22975 DX, its running smooth as butter & that cause vsync is finally working & its holding @60FPS.

"BUT" once you click a menu say setting or Movies then its lagging again & im thinking its to do with vsync.

so the way things are going, i think it looks "VERY" promissing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?1