[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?
Cool, thanks Jonathan!
It's not pretty, but I figured if I did the initial monkey work, perhaps it will encourage others (outside the team?) to clean things up.

What needs doing:

1. A proper message loop needs to be done.
2. Proper abstracting of the graphics layers - it's a mess at the moment.
3. Fix up video playback, and implement all the stuff we currently have in the GL version (shaders etc.)

Patches are most welcome. Though most of the team doesn't use XBMC on Win32, we understand it's a huge market, and thus are happy to help out wherever we can to help Win32 devs get on board.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It seems someone by the name of "elisemory" is doing something with the directx branch. Smile
psst, please tell it to no one Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
We still need more win32 devs in either case - it's going to be a lot of work to get it going really well.

If you know win32 (and directx in particular) and want to help out, drop us a line!

Gamester17 Wrote:@BrokenCodes, see => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23235

This is in the SVN trunk so checkout:
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...trunk/XBMC

Wink

Visual Studio 2008 compile attempt results in an error, reguarding several parts of the windows SDK header files, whereas the linuxport does not...

I cannot make use of this branch seems Sad I have tried for several days...
Try VS 2003. I think the project files are all in 2003.

-Wes
But I don't own VS 2003... and the express version is no longer available for download seems...
Anyone got a build to share?
Although unofficial, and for the most part unsupported... try this thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...unofficial
BrokenCodes, And you began worrying about unlawful use of others intellectual property when? Smile

Maybe one criminal trial is enough to reform even the least concerned with the DCMA Smile
Stay ontopic please - otherwise I will have to delete unrelated posts to keep the thread clean.
BrokenCodes: Clearly the work I did to get a directx 9 build was done in linuxport branch. Trunk is only for xbox.

Just switch the build to Debug (DirectX) and away you go.

Note that there's also a directx branch in SVN (once again, branched from the work I did in linuxport) which has some further cleanup/refactoring work being done in it - no more directx stuff there as yet though, but keep it in mind if you do any work.

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanks,
My only remaining issue is, that with that build I have a window, about 640x480 pixels, that I cannot resize, and I cannot go full screen.
Using Nvidia GeForce GTS250 here.
Does the same thing on 4 ATI 45XX HD cards... XP, and Vista.
No surprise there. I didn't say it was pretty - I just did the donkey work to get it to build and run. Others have to do the rest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?1