[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?
noticed hell of a lot fps verbose msgs in log.. you guys try to test something there?

still no luck in playing video with win7 x64.. hm. i wonder what's the difference there between vista x64 (which has been reported to work) and win7 x64.
cheers,azido :;):
spiff Wrote:it should ideally be nonexistent. we're not a desktop app

I use xbmc in window mode as well since I want to watch movie/tv show/online stream in xbmc while surfing the web .... SmileSmile
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
right now i've tried to get xbmc rev 22814-dx to run on my vista x64 system.

what i did:

- downloaded and installed dx9 (march 2009)
- installed rev 22781 of xbmc
- replaced all files with the ones coming from rev 22814.zip

it starts, seems to run perfect, but still freezes as soon as i try to play a movie (xvid encoded). is it supposed to be that way atm - meaning it simply does not play videos right now in x64 vista? just wondering because it does with same setup&hardware on windows xp on the same machine.

edit: ok, now this is real fun: trying it on xp again, xbmc starts up on tv (screen #2) as supposed. then i trigger it to play a movie, tv goes blank (except the mouse pointer) and video goes up fullscreen on screen #1. when movie is stopped, the whole xbmc went to screen #1 Wink

ok i guess it's not me doing something wrong here and all is still part of the process Wink

edit 2: still the disclaimer: this is no bug report or begging to get it fixed Tongue
I downloaded this last night and I can honestly say I'm very impressed. I'm running windows 7 (x86) on a 2.2Ghz AMD and it runs very well. I've even imported my existing DB and the Transparency! 2.0 and it runs flawlessly. Just one question though, which version of DX are you compiling this on?
dj_gerbil Wrote:I downloaded this last night and I can honestly say I'm very impressed. I'm running windows 7 (x86) on a 2.2Ghz AMD and it runs very well. I've even imported my existing DB and the Transparency! 2.0 and it runs flawlessly. Just one question though, which version of DX are you compiling this on?

as it asks for a dx 9 component on the initial start, i'd say dx9.

did you try to play a video? does it work for you on win7? what's your graka?
if yes, i guess it's the 64-bit architecture why it doesn't work for me today; although one or the other guy here told he tried it on x64 with success (but not really stating video runs - the gui is fine here, too)

awaiting some input from you guys about that.
installed rev 22781-dx of xbmc today
everything seems fine
running Windows 7 x86
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
azido Wrote:as it asks for a dx 9 component on the initial start, i'd say dx9.

did you try to play a video? does it work for you on win7? what's your graka?
if yes, i guess it's the 64-bit architecture why it doesn't work for me today; although one or the other guy here told he tried it on x64 with success (but not really stating video runs - the gui is fine here, too)

awaiting some input from you guys about that.

Had a feeling it was DX9, that explains why its a tiny bit sluggish on playback as I know Windows 7 has an issue with DX9. (Info gleemed from a gamer friend of mine :p) I'm running an Nvidia GeForce 6100 go. I'm only running the 32bit version of 7, didn't feel brave enough to try the 64 bit lol. Yes I have played some media, music works great, although no visulitations yet, and video playback was spot on, although did slip out of sync a little, but like I said I think thats down to Windows 7's issues with DX9. Does anyone know if there is a done/todo list around anywhere that says what's been sorted?
http://www.xbmc.org/trac is the only list you can desire.

DX9 having problems on W7? Any evidence/link?
dj_gerbil Wrote:Had a feeling it was DX9, that explains why its a tiny bit sluggish on playback as I know Windows 7 has an issue with DX9. (Info gleemed from a gamer friend of mine :p)

my guess here is that your gamer friend just experienced some troubles with games designed for dx9 which means those are just older games. i don't know much about gaming on pc, but i know this always was the case when a new windows came out, ending up in patches for the games to get them running smooth on the new windows.

i don't see why win7 should have any problems with dx9. though i see some on the x64 version right now for sure Wink
Just installed rev 22814 on Win 7 x64 and its working great, just tried a few xvid, some 720p and 1080p mkv's and it seems perfect!
nutski Wrote:Just installed rev 22814 on Win 7 x64 and its working great, just tried a few xvid, some 720p and 1080p mkv's and it seems perfect!

ok, can you be a bit more specific please:

1. what's your graka/driver
2. which exact build of win7 x64 do you use - and: are you SURE you are using the 64bit version
3. what did you do prior to install 22814 (especially: did you install anything dx-related, codecs etc)
4. did you need to have anything set up in xbmc before it worked and finally
5. did you try to play those videos on your main monitor or on a second monitor/screen (my target is to have it playing on the tv which is connected as a 2nd monitor via vga)

thanks for your answer.
This discussion really does not belong in the dev forum...
althekiller Wrote:This discussion really does not belong in the dev forum...

then point me to a safe place for it as i really like to talk about it.
your talking more about support than developement
tiben20 Wrote:your talking more about support than developement

i know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] DirectX port development?1