Update items in database, not re-add them on refresh
First of all, i know the library is currently under heavy development so this might be too soon or just the right moment to discuss this!

In the current state of the library, sometimes i add an episode to the library (or movie) when there is not yet an rating or thumb on the thetvdb or imdb available. In this case i would in a later stage 'refresh' this episode to update the missing content. This works as it should, but instead of just updating the content i guess it re-add's the entry in the database so it now displays the episodes/movies as newly added.

Is there already a way, or i at least think there should in the future be a way, to just let XBMC refresh the missing content for an entry when performing library updates.

In addition, a function to let it update all the ratings (and replace current ones) would also be welcome since the ratings on release are not that definite.

The way the library updater currently works often screws up my "Recently Added" which is a cool feature!

These are just my 2 cents, maybe other people feel diffrent about this?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
my +1 for this
+1 from me as well..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
+1
+1 here also. Razor_109, you should put in a trac ticket for this.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
1+
+1

its just really annoing, plus the imdb rating remains the same score at the time that the movie is added... i have all my extense library with old imdb ratings... (useless) it would be nice if it has a configurable and automatic update, plus the option to vote by a imdb account after a movie viewed

regards
+1..

Been bugging me for a long time that you can't do a refresh without destroying "date added"
+1 I'd like this as well
Don't really care for date added but it would simplify things a lot.
+1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update items in database, not re-add them on refresh0