[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Dynamic Audio Compression (DRC) - why is it Xbox only today?
It would be really cool if XBMC could host vst/au plugins... Run Waves L2 or some other limiter on old TV shows :p
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Sorry to hear that, jmarshall. Any vague ETA on this feature? I just watched another movie that had mega volume range. Sad
volume range <3
Yeah, it would be nice to have this. I do find myself constantly riding the volume button on my remote with some films Confused
Most HT receivers have a "night mode" or other similar compression feature. As such, this doesn't seems like a key feature (to me).
It's useful for all the folk running XBMC with sound coming out of a TV or simple pair of stereo speakers. Work in this area has been commenced, but has been set aside as of late for other more pressing matters. One assumes work will eventually continue, but I have no idea when. So an ETA can't really be given.
Cheers nate Smile
I am using the Aeon Stark skin and don't see any volume amplification option / DRC. Also, the headroom tag in advancedsettings.xml doesn't seem to work out. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
dnadna Wrote:I am using the Aeon Stark skin and don't see any volume amplification option / DRC. Also, the headroom tag in advancedsettings.xml doesn't seem to work out. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Same here using pm3 and whatever the other default skin is - confluence?

running 9.11. Tried putting various values into GUIsettings.xml (<volumeamplification>, <dynamicrangecompression> etc). Haven't seen any change at all in the output. Are these deprecated now?
is there any progress made?
my neighbor would be really happy.
I'm still hoping for this to be (re?)implemented too.

Really aggravating having to constantly ride the volume control so I can hear the dialog without blasting the windows out every time a chase scene or something comes on! Smile
Just wondering if anyone could update us on this feature? Thanks
This is the only reason I still have XBMC set up to play all videos through The KMPlayer.

Damn, I really want this implemented Huh
Interesting. I also found it very annoying to sit with the audio remote all the time. Would be great to have that feature.
There is already a ticket and an older discussion about that:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6905

And there is a setting in AdvancedSettings.xml:

<audio>
<applydrc>bool</applydrc>
</audio>

gonna test this now. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Dynamic Audio Compression (DRC) - why is it Xbox only today?0