• 59(current)
[LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies
I've just got openelec up and running on my revo 3610.

Can anyone tell me the things i need to do to optimize my experience with xbmc?

I've read through a lot of this thread and others and have got my audio working over HDMI. I have also updated the nVidia drivers to the latest version.

Do i need to update Flash also? I assume i do this in Windows 7 and it can't be done through XBMC?

What kind of settings should i have under "video" to ensure smooth playback of all HD content?

I also read somewhere about doing something with the fanart which can improve performance. Can someone tell me what it is and how to do it?

I'd really appreciate any input people have regarding settings to tweak to improve performance?
OK Ladies & Gentlemen, it's LIRC once again...

Yesterday I took the challenge and updated my R3610's perfectly working Dharma beta2 install to XBMCFreak's "XBMCFreak 10.1 Maverick livecd v2" (kernel 2.6.38-7-generic) for the sake of being up-to-date. Everything went smoothly except when it came to configuring my beloved original XBOX remote (the one that came with the DVD kit). It worked like a charm in Dharma beta 2 (Ubuntu 9.10) but now I'm desperatly stuck in setting it up again Sad

I understand that there was a dramatic change in how LIRC is integrated into the OS when Maverick arrived and I also found this thread which promises to solve the problem but it didn't work for me. The how-to described in that thread mentions some lirc_atiusb module which simply doesn't exist within my install which keeps me from proceeding with the setup process.

So, I kindly ask for help from someone who actually managed to get the old XBOX remote working with that specific Live install provided by XBMCFreak. I know my way around the linux shell when it comes to command execution/file editing but as soon as it gets any deeper I'm stuck.

If support for XBMCFreaks live images is not provided here, I'm fine with that. In that case I'd try and post this in the Off-Topic area.

Thanks a lot in advance!

*EDIT*
OK, switched back to the official Live image (Lucid based) and got remote working in minutes.
Hardware Setup
Acer Revo 3610 // 2GB RAM // 64GB SSD // Harmony 650 w. XBox USB Dongle // Lenovo Wireless Keyboard N5901A // Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 // Panasonic P42S10E 42" FullHD Plasma // Atmolight
Software Setup
XBMCbuntu 12.2 (Frodo)
Anyone know if there is a more up-to-date guide?

My revo doesn't have these bios settings and all of the video/audio settings are a bit different?
markjones99 Wrote:Anyone know if there is a more up-to-date guide?

My revo doesn't have these bios settings and all of the video/audio settings are a bit different?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89258

This thread got my Revo 1600 and 3610 working perfectly.
Found this guide with video (Installation guide XBMC Live Eden into Acer Revo) - new i think... Apr2012

http://bit.ly/desaputra01

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEE1390C78549BD9B
I have the Acer Aspire Revo in OP, did that guide and it's been great. But i'm looking to upgrade to a more powerful nettop. is the Acer AspireRevo AR3700-U3002 a good choice (any other??)? I want smoother navigation in the GUI and being able to run emulators like ZSNES. It's gonna run XBMCbuntu of course.

Thanks.
I'll make a few fresh attempts
(2012-07-11, 11:25)mhjyskjxhlk256 Wrote: I'll make a few fresh attempts

I've got some nice pico projectors of different brands.
led pico projector
optoma pico projector
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies7