Fonts shows as blocks
What could cause that fonts are sometimes blocked like this:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/bogey/aeon_fonts.jpg

In that text should read House. It can happen also in some other places, like when clicking info button during playback. The genre when browsing movies in showcase view is also sometimes shown as blocks.
When I browse back and forth for a while, fonts are back to normal again.
It's the same with Aeon Stark or Auriga, using normal or any other fonts in Aeon_Fonts260409.zip. With PM3 I don't have this issue.

XBMC rev 21327
Ubuntu 64-bit 8.10, 9.04
NVidia 9400 IGP 512MB, 185.18.14
I have the same problem, but I also get it using Jezz_X's new MediaStream Redux skin as well. I'm running Jaunty 32-bit, with a NVidia 9300 IGP, driver ver. 185.19 and SVN ver. 21304. So it looks like we're fairly similar in what we're running. Seems like it just started happening within the last week maybe? I try to update my build every other day or so.
Seen this on the "old" MediaStream as well - since a few revs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Me too..
HW: Asus P5N7A-VM / E8400 / 2x2GB PC6400 --> Harman Kardon AVR-255 --> Sony 40D3000 (1080p/24-50-60Hz).
SW: Ubuntu Jaunty (32bit). XBMC SVN mainbranch. HDMI for A/V.
Four reports, zero logs.
althekiller Wrote:Four reports, zero logs.

Put me down as number five!
Link to log attached

http://pastebin.com/f22374250

Problem occurs after movie is started (at 19:33:15) , then stopped. Once we pop back out to the menu, some fonts appear as blocks (the debug line at the top of the screen is also just blocks)
I quickly tested with software and VDPAU rendering and seems that this bug does not occur when using software rendering.
bogey Wrote:I quickly tested with software and VDPAU rendering and seems that this bug does not occur when using software rendering.

My findings seem to second that.
Moved to Linux as it is skin independent and VDPAU related.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If I reload the skin from settings the fonts are ok.
After I restart XBMC the problem is back.

Here's how to reproduce, debug is enabled and skin is aeon auriga

1. power on xbmc
2. go to movies -> start playback -> fonts in debug line are screwed
3. go to settings -> appearance -> region -> change language to some other and back to english so that skin is reloaded
4. start playback again, fonts are ok and works fine until xbmc restart
Same thing here, using VDPAU and MS Redux.
Same problem as well using MediaStream 0.97 and 1.00 with VDPAU enabled. I can recreate it 100%. Start watching a movie, let it run for a few minutes, stop the movie, all fonts are blocks. If I Reload XBMC it is OK again.

Any udpate on this issue?
me too, latest xbmc compiled July 19th 2009 (ubuntu 9.04)
fixed with latest build July 20th 2009.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fonts shows as blocks0