Zotac Ion Board and Infrared repeater
Hi All,
I have an infrared repeater in my current home theater setup running through a xantech repeater block. The repeater has 4 ports that will take both little IR emmiters (with a 3.5 mini jack at one end and a red emitter at the other) and what looks to be a plain 3.5 mini jack pass through cable (mini jack at both ends). One of the 2 ended minijacks goes into my Yamaha amp and it gets its IR signal from that (its great).

My question is can I setup the Zotac ion board to also accept one of these 2 ended mini jacks (maybe into a mic or sound in) to control it via a remote control or do I need to get a separate IR reciever for the board.

I am new to linux, and while I have read up on LIRC I have not figured out if this is something I could do.

Cheers,
Iain

P.S. I have been using XBMC since it was Xbox Media Player on my xbox and I am currently enjoying it on my appleTV. I genuinely believe that XBMC is the very best media solution on the market bar none. All of the developers have done a fantastic job on a wonderful product. ThankyouBig Grin
no. won't work.
you'll need an ir-receiver.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Winkie Wrote:Hi All,
My question is can I setup the Zotac ion board to also accept one of these 2 ended mini jacks (maybe into a mic or sound in) to control it via a remote control or do I need to get a separate IR reciever for the board.

this might be possible, but certainly not easy if you are not comfortable around a soldering iron and breadboard. there are multiple designs on the lirc website http://www.lirc.org for building your own sound card receiver.

also, i found this link on the lirc site about creating a sound card input using the cd in pin-header on the mobo:

http://www.mediaboxblog.co.uk/blog1.php/...r-for-lirc

good luck.
Thanks for the advice - looks like I am IR -receiver hunting.
Cheers,
Iain
I ended up ordering a vista remote + receiver. Another remote to go into a box while I'm happily using my harmony Wink
I have used this IR Reciever remote on 8 different XBMC boxes and I have been very happy with it. I have even taken the internal board out of the enclosure and tucked it away in the case. I got one to fit inside the front panel of the mini-itx M350 case which turned out really clean.

-Bahndit
Bahndit Wrote:I have used this IR Reciever remote on 8 different XBMC boxes and I have been very happy with it. I have even taken the internal board out of the enclosure and tucked it away in the case. I got one to fit inside the front panel of the mini-itx M350 case which turned out really clean.

-Bahndit

Thanks Bahndit - it looks exactly like what I was after. Is there much to do with LIRC or does it work straight out of the box?
Cheers,
Iain
Iain,
It works right out of the box. Just install LIRC and select something like 'Windows Media Center Remote New ( Philips et al)'

-Bahndit
Bahndit Wrote:Iain,
It works right out of the box. Just install LIRC and select something like 'Windows Media Center Remote New ( Philips et al)'

-Bahndit

just curious, do you use the IR blaster functionality? i've got an almost identical receiver (generic philips/topseed eHome) and can't get it to blast.

thanks,

-mike
Quote:I have even taken the internal board out of the enclosure and tucked it away in the case. I got one to fit inside the front panel of the mini-itx M350 case which turned out really clean.

OMG. This sounds great. I'm also a M350 owner (with a zotac ion a board). Can you please make some pictures of your installation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Ion Board and Infrared repeater0