Multi-Room/Multi-PC Setup With Central Library/Database
Question 
Hello everyone, I have been getting more and more comfortable with this amazing system (and of course AEON), and am now ready to start rolling it out to the rest of my house.

My question is this....does anyone know of a way to have multiple machines (all PC's) in different rooms share a single database? I would love to be able to just add/maintain from my main PC and have all updates to my library get sent to a central location. Then all of my other machines would simply point to that central database and see the new updates. Because a lot of the stuff that I add is not always readily "discoverable" via the standard scrapers and I often make my own fanart, thumbs, etc, it would be nice to not have to go to each machine and make sure everything is consistent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
You can use the Backend(mythtv)/Frontend(xbmc) Feature.
look at this http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV
You got to use a pc as file server, that's the best solution
kodi user since XBMP !
yep thats the best solution, am using a machine with windows home server and works great and I currently have 1 Windows laptop, 1windows desktop(server), 1 Ubuntu desktop and 1 MacBook Pro no problems at all with any of them, having a central location with all your media is the way to go !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
HOWTO: Use an online forum: 1) Read post. 2) COMPREHEND post. 3) Make a RELEVANT reply.
No reply thus far is even remotely close to what the OP is asking about...

As of now, there's no *good* way to have multiple systems share a single XBMC database. You can of course point all of your installs at the same userdata folder which is stored on some sort of network share. You will likely run into concurrency issues and db corruptions with a setup like this. As far as a *real* solution goes, there are several threads discussing the subject. Forum search is at the top. Wink
Thanks althekiller!

I figured as much.....I guess I could always have the other installs point to my main machine (where I add/administer the database), but it's not optimal. I will do some more searching around the forums. Thanks to everyone for their time!
althekiller Wrote:HOWTO: Use an online forum: 1) Read post. 2) COMPREHEND post. 3) Make a RELEVANT reply.
No reply thus far is even remotely close to what the OP is asking about...

As of now, there's no *good* way to have multiple systems share a single XBMC database. You can of course point all of your installs at the same userdata folder which is stored on some sort of network share. You will likely run into concurrency issues and db corruptions with a setup like this. As far as a *real* solution goes, there are several threads discussing the subject. Forum search is at the top. Wink

Confused sorry !

I didn't get he was referring to the XBMC db
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Room/Multi-PC Setup With Central Library/Database1