[Linux] Upgrading Video Card
I'm upgrading from a legacy nvidia Geforce 4 card to a newer geforce 8 card. What is the process for upgrading? How do I remove the old drivers and then add the new ones? I've never done an upgrade like this on Linux before. Using XBMCbuntu install with Fluxbox.
This would be better discussed in the ubuntu forums but... simply exchange the card and upgrade to a newer driver (180.xx or newer). Old driver should get uninstalled automagically.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. I tried installing the new driver with the new card and it just uninstalled the old driver and installed the new one.

Only problem is that I'm only getting 14fps on 480p content. new video card is 8400gs 512mb. When playing, vid cpu is at 50% and main cpu is at 100%. I thought it was possible to play 1080p content with this video card and almost any cpu?
See the vdpau threads, it's not on by default.
I had it enabled with the other card, and it's still enabled with this one.
Please start a new thread regarding your vdpau problem in the linux forum and follow the "how to report a problem in a useful manner" for what info we'll need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Upgrading Video Card0