TV Shows Not Showing Up In Library
Hi Folks,

I am running XBMC on my Windows XP box with great success with the exception of one problem. I have a folder with recorded TV from Beyond TV that is converted to DivX AVI format. I have added it as a source within the XBMC program and set the content as "TV Shows", however it never shows up in my library as TV. I always have to exit library mode and navigate to the folder containing the files. Everything works fine for my music and movie files. I have also tried using WMV formating and they won't read into the library either. Beyond TV records the shows initially in MPEG-2 and then I convert/compress them to the other formats. The MPEG-2 files don't even show up in the folder view if I remember... Any ideas? I feel like it may be a bug as I have tried nearly everything within the software.

Thanks
I had this problem too.

Steps to fix...

1) use a 3rd party build, not a official release
2) make sure that you have the source setup for scanning and set the content. (read the online manual for more info on how-to)
3) if those don't fix it, delete your MyVideos data and try again
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks Livin,

I have tried all of this but still no luck. I am wondering if the tv show files need some kind of file tag. I am considering uninstalling the software and starting over but that's my last resort.
full debug log > pastebin.com
althekiller Wrote:full debug log > pastebin.com

definitely do this.

you must set advancedsettings.xml...
<loglevel>1</loglevel>

but, it is likely you are not setting something correctly - not "blaming" you, there needs to be an easier way to set teh content for each source, like a Source Wizard or something... it is a PITA right now.

Maybe Al will make it easier Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Don't dink in as.xml, just enable debugging in settings > system.
http://pastebin.com/d6296acc0

Thanks Chaps...
I had a problem with tv shows not being recognized and what fixed it for me was to read the wiki on the naming convention. Basically i renamed some show episodes to <showname>.S<season number>.E<episode number>.<Epsidoe name>.divx.<extension>. I havent retested but i think the .divx (could be any format abbreviation i guess) did the trick for me, but it could just be the 'Show.S01.E01 part that is enough.

Hope that helps
You have to have each show in it's own folder. XBMC gets the showname from the folders underneath the directory that you have "set content" on.

Read the manual for more information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

remco9999 Wrote:I had a problem with tv shows not being recognized and what fixed it for me was to read the wiki on the naming convention. Basically i renamed some show episodes to <showname>.S<season number>.E<episode number>.<Epsidoe name>.divx.<extension>. I havent retested but i think the .divx (could be any format abbreviation i guess) did the trick for me, but it could just be the 'Show.S01.E01 part that is enough.

Hope that helps

This worked a treat for me - thanks very much. I now have a series named like this...

That Peter Kay Thing.S01.E01.Episode 1.avi

and it detects it and gets the show details.

Jim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Not Showing Up In Library0