OpenGL problem with ATI HD2600 Catalyst 9.6 + XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack
OK. I tried both Boxee and XBMC on my Vista Ultimate SP1. It seems to work. At least it is started. Smile
If i can not make it on XP happen then my vista multi boot will take it... Smile

Matthieu: i have the pci-e HD 2600 + Vista Ulimate w/ SP1 and it works...
Great anpe Smile

I realy thought you had a mobile ati radeon like mine Tongue

Personnaly, i have been able to launch xbmc on ubuntu, but not on vista neither on xp Tongue

With ubuntu it function perfectly (but flashes while using compiz window manager) (but is fine with metacity window manager)

I guess that the opengl referance (or something more cleverly named) is diferant with mobile ati than pci-e radeon of the same level...
Just wondering, have you tried to install the original video drivers that came with your laptop, it seems that the mod tool that you have used might have some problems.
OK. I was quite close to my happiness. After I tried many offical previous versions of ATI Catalysts,

Quote:1) I have installed Radeon Omega Drivers 4.8.442 (Catalyst 7.12) and it made the trick. It had openGL 2.1 finally. Quickly checked it and went flawlessly.

2) Uninstalled Omega and then installed Catalyst 9.6 again and it went back to Opengl 1.1. Even when i copied the opengl32.dll from Omega drivers, it did show only 1.1 and XBMC started not to run again.

3) Intalled back Omega by Uninstalling Catalyst from CP, rebooting, running Driver Cleaner (tried woth and without as well), rebooting again but the log and OpengL Extensions Viewer shows 1.1 again.
Now, i am where i have started just managed to see that XBMC can work on my XP.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

anpe008
OK. It solved! It is amazing how small things can impact the whole system.
Quote:It turned out that the newer Catalysts point to the openGL32.dll in winxp system/system32 folder, while ATI's opengl driver is "atioglxx.dll" and in order to
use this ATI openGL you have to add the following key in the regedit to "correct" the link.

For Matthieu and all who "suffers" from that OpenGL 1.1 start-up problem with XBMC in XP:

Forum thread: http://www.driverheaven.net/mobility-rad...00-xp.html

Regedit fix: http://aaziz.org/dl/opengl.reg

Quote:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers\ati2dvag]
"Dll"="atioglxx.dll"
"DriverVersion"=dword:00000001
"Flags"=dword:00000001
"Version"=dword:00000002

After applying the registry link, now, my ATI HD2600 Mobility works with the newest Catalyst, modded by the Mobility Modder v1.2.

thanks the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenGL problem with ATI HD2600 Catalyst 9.6 + XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack1