[LIVE][LINUX] LPCM Decoding / Deinterlacing (Zotac IONITX-D)
I am completely new to XBMC, looking at using it, along with a Zotac IONITX-D as a replacement for my MediaGate MG-350, which does not handle Blu-ray codecs.

I have not yet purchased the Zotac board, and have instead been playing with the Live CD (9.04.1) on a Core2 system with a 8600 graphics card. This appears to handle h.264 offloading, but not VC-1 and MPEG2, which I believe the 9400 on the Zotac will.

There are two things which concern me at the present time, which are outputting LPCM and deinterlacing.

I created a partial Blu-ray rip with LPCM sound (using a .ts container if that is relevant), but I cannot get any sound when playing this through the analogue soundcard. Another rip with DTS-HD is fine, and I have yet to try TrueHD. Audio settings are set to analogue, as I don't have HDMI audio output. Is it possible to use sources with only LPCM audio output to an analogue device?

On a related note, am I correct in believing that the Zotac board can output 8 channels of raw LPCM, or DTS-HD/TrueHD decoded to LPCM via HDMI?

The second issue is deinterlacing. SD content looked absolutely awful compared to the MediaGate due to the combing effect. I have just worked out how to set the deinterlace method, and now SD looks pretty good, but not with the VDPAU option. I'm concerned if the Atom will have enough power to do software deinterlace. It appears from another post that hardware deinterlacing is presently disabled. Will this be possible with a future release?

Thanks.
Not sure about the LPCM thing - a Debug Log may be informative.

VDPAU I believe has it's own deinterlacing options?

In either case, SD content should deinterlace without a problem on a dual core atom I should think.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

AFAIK there's no LPCM output yet available. But motd2k would be the man to ask and get reliable feedback Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE][LINUX] LPCM Decoding / Deinterlacing (Zotac IONITX-D)0