[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin
Nice repository.. I can see that url's change alot in topdocs.
Some work some dont, some are empty. Keep up the good work!
It's appriciated..

Best regards tuxen
I'm a big fan of this add-on so I modified the deafult.py so that videos hosted on youtube are playable again.

Download link: http://averre-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/files/default.py

Replace the default.py file in ../addons/plugin.video.topdoc/, with the one from the link above.

Tested on 10.1"Dharma", Linux Mint 10 64-bit and WinXP 32-bit.
Thanks, you guys. It's now running on my atv2. But, it stutters really annoyingly. Watching any videos using the YouTube add-on is pretty smooth. I have a decent 12 Mbps net. What might be wrong here.
Thanks, works perfect on my HTPC. Going to try it on my aTV2 too.
Here is my Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/MbdYJqLf

"DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:109758259.182823, should be:109161219.954649, error:-597039.228175" is causing stuttering?? Please someone suggest a fix. Same videos work fine if I use the youtube addon to search and watch them.
Star 
@newatv2user
Thanks for the log printouts!
You sure are getting a lot of "Discontinuity" error messages :o
I was getting an occasional error message but it wasn't noticeable when watching videos.

I modified the string used for scraping the video urls and changed the string header used in add_header().
I also added the header string at the end of the video url.
After these changes I noticed some decrease of the error message.

Hope that this fixes the "Discontinuity" error for you.

Download link is the same as the previous one posted: http://averre-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/files/default.py
Thanks Averre. But it is still the same.

I have noticed though that it depends on the video quality/size. For example on the featured list, I tried "9/11 and the British Broadcasting Conspiracy" and "Hackers: Outlaws and Angels". They work fine. But "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward" stutters like crazy.

So would it be possible to request a slightly lower quality video with the script?
Too bad it didn't work.
I'll work on adding a "preferred quality" setting in the add-on settings.

I've also noticed that the "Recently Added" and "Recommended Documentaries" categories have stopped working.
The "Search" function is not really working either.

TopDocumentaryFilms.com has also added a new category: "Editors' Picks".

I'll try to fix these things during the week.
Ok, here are the following fixes I've made:
  • Recently Added, Recommended Documentaries and Search are working again.
  • Preferred video quality setting for youtube videos has been added. Choose between 720p, 480p, 360p and 240p.
    Setting is found by right-clicking TopDocumentaryFilms in the add-ons browser, and selecting "Add-on settings"

Download the following zip file: http://averre-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/f...topdoc.zip
And extract the contents within the plugin folder (.../addons/plugin.video.topdoc).
The zip file contains a new default.py file and resources folder.

Let me know if there are any issues.
Wow! Looks like it's working. Great job. Thanks a lot.
Can this be installed on Eden? I am not exactly sure how to get a plugin to install to Eden (since it can't be installed as an addon? or can it?)
drock Wrote:Can this be installed on Eden? I am not exactly sure how to get a plugin to install to Eden (since it can't be installed as an addon? or can it?)

Any word on getting this working with Pre-Eden?
I didn't have much luck getting it to work, but I did install Icefilms, and if you go into Movies > genre > documentaries, there is a load of good ones. I would consider using that instead, or until someone gets this plugin to work for Eden
The problem was a few characters included in the script that XBMC PRE-11.0 wasn't too happy with.

I have also included a playlist link for youtube videos that are split into several parts, so that they're all loaded in the XBMC playlist.
Took a peek at the Filipino On Demand add-on for that one, so thanks to the developer on that one.

When browsing the documentaries through the "Genres" category, plot is now included in the videos info page.

Install
Let me know if there are any issues.

Tested on Linux Mint 10 - 64-bit. XBMC PRE-11.0
Wow! Getting better. Now could you add a media info 2 kind of view that shows the plot without having to bring up video info?

I found another website that looks like topdoc called documentarywire. Would it be possible to adapt this addon to work with that site?

Thanks for the great job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin0