[MOD] MediaStream_Redux Horizontal Menu Mod
Jezz,

Posted this in the skin dev thread, but thought others may like to comment too.
One thing that always bugged me with media stream is the home menu covering half / 1 3rd of the screen. I know its too be different and all but, what if you could have both..

Well I've been re-coding the home page, and all seems to work with this mod.

That home menu looks great Broads. Cool
Could you post the xml for it. Thanks!
er.. OK..

It would be better if this code could be wrapped as a conditional, so it can be used as either horiz or vert.. But havent got around to seeing how this is done.

Heres the code as is, It replaces the Home.xml. So make a back up of the current version first. Just incase you dont like.

http://pastebin.com/m4e98c2f4
Nice mod on the Home screen and works very good. Nod

Better looking than default home IMO , but I'm a minimalistic guy Running MiniMeedia. Rofl
Broads Wrote:er.. OK..

It would be better if this code could be wrapped as a conditional, so it can be used as either horiz or vert.. But havent got around to seeing how this is done.

Heres the code as is, It replaces the Home.xml. So make a back up of the current version first. Just incase you dont like.

http://pastebin.com/m4e98c2f4
Cool thanks man. Now I just have to do a little work on it to change it from videos to music & tv shows. Also, the music now playing will need to be moved since it gets covered up. Thanks for the code!
Im really liking the home screen mod as well. But is it me or is the text a bit cut off at the bottom of it?
SlaveUnit Wrote:Im really liking the home screen mod as well. But is it me or is the text a bit cut off at the bottom of it?

Yeap a little I think so.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Im really liking the home screen mod as well. But is it me or is the text a bit cut off at the bottom of it?

yeah, it could be lifted a bit from the bottom. if you - like me - have disabled the "watch your.." text, edit home.xml, find

<!--Main Menu -->

and change <posy> of those text positions with the fonts

<font>font30caps_title</font> and
<font>font50caps_title</font>

to an amount like 50 instead of 60.

i found 2 other "incompletes" in this modified home.xml:

1. you cannot reach the favourites symbol on the top left of home screen without using a mouse.
2. if you have more than 5 sub-entries of an option (like for example MUSIC with enabled database now has 6 sub-entries) the 6th one gets cutted (in this example you can see only PLUG instead of PLUGINS)..
cheers,azido :;):
Aenima99x Wrote:Cool thanks man. Now I just have to do a little work on it to change it from videos to music & tv shows. Also, the music now playing will need to be moved since it gets covered up. Thanks for the code!

Wow, YEEESSS please, for those who are not from the old school and who came to xbmc after PM3, please make a seperate entry for movies and TV shows.

And a big thanks to Jezz_x for sharing this, Your redux rocks
Plus it does not deserve a 0.88 version number, man it is 99.99% polished and bug free.
azido Wrote:yeah, it could be lifted a bit from the bottom. if you - like me - have disabled the "watch your.." text, edit home.xml, find

<!--Main Menu -->

and change <posy> of those text positions with the fonts

<font>font30caps_title</font> and
<font>font50caps_title</font>

to an amount like 50 instead of 60.

i found 2 other "incompletes" in this modified home.xml:

1. you cannot reach the favourites symbol on the top left of home screen without using a mouse.
2. if you have more than 5 sub-entries of an option (like for example MUSIC with enabled database now has 6 sub-entries) the 6th one gets cutted (in this example you can see only PLUG instead of PLUGINS)..

If you do want to keep the "Watch the" Play the" etc change posy to 22 (or so) for <font>font16caps</font>

To hit Favorites push down.
moved
Is it just me or is Weather completely missing from the menu??
Aenima99x Wrote:Is it just me or is Weather completely missing from the menu??

Its not missing but on the first night when Jezz_X released his new version I was playing with it then noticed the Weather was missing after a while. Im not sure if you play with some settings that it makes it disappear. And it wasnt the "remove from home screen" setting for me. That was fine. No matter what I tried I could not get it back. Then I just erased the skin and put it back on and weather was back again.
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on, but every time I replace the original home.xml with Broads version, I lose Weather from the menu.
you running Jezz_X's 0.8.8?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux Horizontal Menu Mod0