External player and media info
Question 
Hi, I'm using last Windows XBMC 9.04.1-repack2 with Aeon Hitched in Windows 7 x64 and I'm getting two problems:

-I want to use a external video player because XBMC player doesn't work fine, it shows some refresh horizontal lines sometimes, and I haven't found the right way to do this. I've tried two different methods but anyone work. Where could I find the method for use external player with the last release?

-I want to view films media info (resolution, audio codec, ...) and I've read there is a option called "Extract metadata from files" or something like this in options menu, but I haven't found it. Is it availabe on this release and skin?

Thanks.
Sounds like you need to enable 'Vertical Blank Sync' (Settings > Appearance > Screen) and you'll need the latest SVN build of XBMC as stated in the first post of the Aeon Hitcher Skin thread.
'Vertical Blank Sync' option solves that problem, thanks.
Although, how could I use a external player to use hardware acceleration?
i use kmplayer + ffdshow + coreavc for hardware acceleration.
Works great for me so far.
I'll probably use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic) with ffdshow and CoreAVC but I don't know how to launch it from XBMC as a external player.
already told on the forum, but it's not a skin matters, should visit other section, i know you'll have to create a advancesettings.xml in usedata, you should find something with that.
huto2 Wrote:I'll probably use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic) with ffdshow and CoreAVC but I don't know how to launch it from XBMC as a external player.

Entire thread about this subject in the help windows section..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43511
The method to use a external player in last svn releases is the explained in the first post? Two days ago I tried it but didn't work for me. I'm using Windows 7.

I'll try it again.
the method has changed, its now playercorefactory.xml

here is mine:

playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="kmplayer classic" type="externalplayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\kmplayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>

</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
Thanks neurosis13, now it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player and media info0