[REQUEST] Vertical Scrolling Wall View w/ More Thumbs?
Lightbulb 
I'm going back and forth between Mediastream_Redux and Aeon trying to find the perfect skin for me. The Wall View in Aeon looks great, but the covers feel dwarfed by the massive grey border by which they are surrounded.

Personally I'm in love with the Serenity 2 mock-up:

Now that the Aeon code has been optimized for better thumbnail loading, this should be possible. I know that people are going to complain about it not matching the rest of the skin, but mostly what I'm thinking is: more thumbnails, less borders. I'm looking into doing it myself, but not holding my breath. Is anyone else interested?
i have to agree with the previous post in one regard .. i prefer a vertically scrolling wall to a horizontal one .. with as many movies as i have .. its nice to get 9 new movies on the screen instead of just 3 as i scroll

in addition, with all the mods to multiplex, list and even showcase .. i think its time to update wall view to be more in line with some of the new features of aeon (flags please!!!)
pletopia Wrote:in addition, with all the mods to multiplex, list and even showcase .. i think its time to update wall view to be more in line with some of the new features of aeon (flags please!!!)

I agree and really like the concept in the Serenity v2 mockup
i actually didn't like the mockup that much .. reminds me too much of aeon alpha/horizon
wall views .. just changing the scroll + flags would be enough for me Smile

the only problem i see is that in wall view .. if you select the middle poster in the lower row .. it would get enlarged and partially coverup the standard multiplex/showcase floor

ohh .. and there wouldn't be any room for the "arrows" that are on each side posters
pletopia Wrote:i actually didn't like the mockup that much .. reminds me too much of aeon alpha/horizon
wall views .. just changing the scroll + flags would be enough for me Smile

the only problem i see is that in wall view .. if you select the middle poster in the lower row .. it would get enlarged and partially coverup the standard multiplex/showcase floor

ohh .. and there wouldn't be any room for the "arrows" that are on each side posters

I see where you're coming from. I suppose that's where the idea of the info panel that appears to the side of the movie comes in. Personally I know my movies well enough to recognize them by cover.

One thing is for sure... I couldn't care less about the director, producer, or studio that made the movie. I don't want to see that. It's the one part of the back of a DVD case that I purposefully skip over and I assume most others do as well.
"Plot... interesting, rating... sure, aspect ratio... definitely, audio encoding... mmhmm, directed by... skip."

Can I get an "amen"?
a box that appears to the right/left of the cover and displays relevent info like you said .. plus flags .. that has potential Smile

currently the "arrows" on the sides get hidden when one of the movies in the outer columns is selected .. a simliar thing could be done if those arrows where moved to the top and bottom of the screen .. and when the 3 "middle" movies are selected the appropriate arrow hides

the box that appears on hover could be a hack of this box from multiplex
however i envision it having the poster instead of the "extrathumbs" .. and maybe making it a bit longer downwards to add in some flags too

however too be honest .. i like having the flags and title in the "floor" and extra info in the "pop up"
I wish that I was skilled enough to undertake the endeavour. Maybe once I finish tweaking Mediastream_Redux, I'll get back to it.

Your idea for the info view is pretty good, though I would opt for something smaller to the side rather than obscure the rest of the thumbs with a window.
if we make it smaller .. less info will be displayed
pletopia Wrote:if we make it smaller .. less info will be displayed

I'm all for it. Are you any good with coding?
if by coding you mean copy and pasting other peoples work Wink with maybe some tweaking

but i'd be interesting in maybe figuring this shit out .. i'll take a look this weekend
DONE!

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...tcount=423

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Vertical Scrolling Wall View w/ More Thumbs?0