• 46(current)
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack
@ Aenima / Jezz_X

I made a small mod yesterday that allows use of the new PVR (using VDR) within Mediastream.
Up till now only PM3.HD has been supported for PVR afaik as it's still under heavy development, but I missed the glory of Mediastream too much so attempted my first go a modding a skin.

Are you guys ok if I post it up for others who are using the PVR but miss mediastream ?
It's quite hackish, as I've never touched a skin before so I just copied the missing parts from PM3.HD and then altered the graphic files (just reusing the original png's from your skin), added the clock etc..
Deleted
klrspz Wrote:I really like the layout, but none of the background imagry is working... Like when I am on the main home screen, it's just the menu and black bg

wait for a full moon, or get a newer version of XBMC
( like Jezz said above & has been discussed many times on this thread )

PEOPLE: This only works with a newer SVN release
Aenima99x: please add a note on the first post,
( in hopes this doesn't get asked another 42 times )
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Hi!

I have some problems with the horizontal menu and the submenus. The main horizontal menu is too high and the submenus are not fully displayed. My screen resolution: 1280x768.

Image Image

I'm using latest svn version of xbmc (rev 22858) and latest git (a2dd5f69241bdc76aa5526a1c5292233978d207a) of MediaStream Redux Mod.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
skiller2k1
zosky Wrote:wait for a full moon,

you're sure that helps? Laugh
cheers,azido :;):
skiller2k1 Wrote:I have some problems with the horizontal menu and the submenus. The main horizontal menu is too high and the submenus are not fully displayed
I fixed it that way:

Code:
--- Home.xml.org    2009-09-10 19:41:25.000000000 +0200                            
+++ Home.xml       2009-09-10 21:53:11.000000000 +0200                    
@@ -1521,7 +1521,7 @@                                                          
                        <control type="image">                                  
                                <posx>-880</posx>                              
                                <posy>0</posy>                                  
-                               <width>240</width>                              
+                               <width>200</width>                              
                                <height>1280</height>                          
                                <animation effect="rotate" start="90" end="90" time="0">WindowOpen</animation>                                                  
                                <texture rotate="90">HomeBlade.png</texture>    
@@ -1529,7 +1529,7 @@                                                          
                        <control type="image">                                  
                                <posx>-880</posx>                              
                                <posy>0</posy>                                  
-                               <width>240</width>                              
+                               <width>200</width>                              
                                <height>1280</height>                          
                                <animation effect="rotate" start="90" end="90" time="0">WindowOpen</animation>                                                  
                                <texture diffuse="HomeMenuDiffuse.png">HomeBlade.png</texture>

I don't know if my changes make sense, but it works for me.

skiller2k1
Can anyone help me out with gettings rid of the on screen display for recently added music. I want to have it for episodes and movies, but I don't use the music library. I thought just having the library disabled would hide it but it doesn't seem to.

Thanks if anyone can tell me the file to edit. Not sure whether it is the recentlyadded script or a home.xml file.
I just installed this skin and find myself having a couple of problems along with a couple of questions.

Here is some system info (which probably doesn't matter since it is a skin)
XBMC Ver: 9.04.1_repack2
Mediastream_Redux_Mod Ver: got it this morning from "git clone git://github.com/aenima99x/MediaStream_Redux_Mod.git"

Now onward to my problem:
I have a bunch of files (MKVs) with names such as: 2001.A.Space.Odyssey.1968.1080p.x264.DD5.mkv
However the "1080" icon is not showing after the system indexes it and adds it to the library. If I put Bluray in there then the Bluray icon shows up just fine. I have also tried both 1080 and 1080p in the line.

So with that said is there a place that has a list of flags that can be in the file name? Something that shows for 1080 to show up use 1080p in the file name, etc.

Also I noticed that if I browse the files in the skin directory that the following files are just whitespace: camera.png, dvd.png, dvdr5.png, dvdr52.png, dvdrip2.png, dvdrip.png, dvdscreener.png, hdtv.png, sd.png, telesync.png
Now I think I read in the forums that it uses the textures.xpr for this and if that the case then the last comment might not matter.

Other than that I love this skin. It has the look and feel that I absolutely love.

EDIT:
If my questions were covered already, I am truly sorry. I made it to about page 18 in this thread before just asking. and with 69 pages I would have been doing nothing else at work today except asking this.
synapseattack Wrote:However the "1080" icon is not showing after the system indexes it and adds it to the library. If I put Bluray in there then the Bluray icon shows up just fine. I have also tried both 1080 and 1080p in the line.

So with that said is there a place that has a list of flags that can be in the file name? Something that shows for 1080 to show up use 1080p in the file name, etc.

the resolution flag (& codec flag / audio channels flag / aspect ratio flag) is not based on the filename
go to > settings > video > general > turn on "extract media metadata info"
then update your library.

synapseattack Wrote:Also I noticed that if I browse the files in the skin directory that the following files are just whitespace: camera.png, dvd.png, dvdr5.png, dvdr52.png, dvdrip2.png, dvdrip.png, dvdscreener.png, hdtv.png, sd.png, telesync.png
Now I think I read in the forums that it uses the textures.xpr for this and if that the case then the last comment might not matter.

if they where in the xpr, they would be used 1st, you're right about that ... but these are not in the xpr. the "source" flag is based on filename but the PNGs are not "blank" ... is your background color white ? this would make it look like they are empty. if not & your png's are actually blank, you may need to download the skin again ?
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
I can't download the files.

404 Not Found
nginx/0.6.31
Zosky, thanks you nailed it. That's exactly what I was missing. All flag images show up fine and yes my background was white. Thanks for showing me where I went wrong.
the resolution flag (& codec flag / audio channels flag / aspect ratio flag) is not based on the filename
go to > settings > video > general > turn on "extract media metadata info"
then update your library.

Are you refering to the settings in XBMC? Because I don't see "extract media metadata info" when i navigate there.
Interestingly enough if I put the word "Bluray" in any of the file names the Bluray logo is displayed. So it seems the the file name still comes into play for some words. So now that I got the Bluray to show which basically allows me to make a bunch of phony ISO files so that my Bluray collection shows on screen how can I do this for DVD? I tried adding DVD to the file name but it doesn't seem to put the DVD logo on screen. How can I do this now?
Redrocker, yes we are talking about xbmc, not sure why you are not seeing it. Are you running a current build?
like i said, the "source" flag is based on file name (the others are metadata)

look at the contents of 720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml
you'll see exactly what its looking for in each case ... like this
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,dvdrip)</visible>
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack1