SMB Permission issues... help?
Okay, did a basic search and don't see this issue... I COULD be blind though.

Layout.

OSX 10.6
Connected to 7x Windows Server 2008 shares
these shares require a login.

When I log in at the time of setup for the sources, all works fine. But the permissions that I establish do not hold after a shutdown of XBMC. Is there somewhere that I can lock the permissions in?

Using the latest Aeon skin.

Also, and FYI, when asking for the permissions in the Aeon skin (in Videos-Add Source) the dialog screens are hidden in the background. Took me a bit to figure out what was going on, but I was able to work around this.

Thanks for Any help that can be provided, and if I did not leave enough information on the issue let me know.

Best regards,

Daerid
When you add a network share, you have the opportunity to put the username and password in at that point. They'll stay then.

I believe they also stay if you're initially prompted for it while adding that network share, but I'm not 100 on this.

If they're the only user/pass you use for shares, then you can put defaults in Settings->Network.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You are an Incredible life saver. I totally passed up the default settings in the SMB Shares portion of Network.

Thank you SO much!! Worked Perfectly!!

Daerid

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Permission issues... help?0