[LINUX] VDPAU & Adjust refresh rate errorblocks?
Hi,

When watching the the attached sample file with VDPAU & adjust refresh rate enabled, I am getting green/grey blocks in the screen for the first few seconds. After that the video plays fine.

It's only happening when using fullscreen, not when running xbmc in a window. Also tested other render methods and they performed fine, no green blocks.

If I use VDPAU and disable the adjust refresh rate-setting, everything is fine, no errorblocks.

Could someone else try to reproduce this, so I would know if I'm the only one affected?

Sample file can be found here

My setup:
Mac mini 2009
ubuntu 9.04 32bit
nvidia driver 185.18.14
xbmc compiled from svn on 8.7.2009
connected via dvi-hdmi adapter to a fullhd tv

Thanks,
Jake77
Not much that can be done about it, adjust refreshrate is 'pulling the rug out' beneath VDPAU, so it has to reinit... unfortunately it sometimes happens that it does so without a valid i-frame, and so you'll see corruption until it encounters one.
Thanks for the reply motd2k.

Most of my files play ok from the beginning, but only some have problems as described above. So, I did some more tests, and noticed that if I demux the mkv file and then remux it again with older version of mkvmerge, the errorblocks in the beginning are gone.

The sample file was originally muxed by mkvmerge 2.9.0. I remuxed it using mkvmerge version 2.4.2, and that fixed the errorblocks. So it seems that the problem is in mkvmerge 2.9.0, rather than xbmc.

Thanks,
Jake77
Jake77 Wrote:Hi,

When watching the the attached sample file with VDPAU & adjust refresh rate enabled, I am getting green/grey blocks in the screen for the first few seconds. After that the video plays fine.

It's only happening when using fullscreen, not when running xbmc in a window. Also tested other render methods and they performed fine, no green blocks.

If I use VDPAU and disable the adjust refresh rate-setting, everything is fine, no errorblocks.

Could someone else try to reproduce this, so I would know if I'm the only one affected?

Sample file can be found here

My setup:
Mac mini 2009
ubuntu 9.04 32bit
nvidia driver 185.18.14
xbmc compiled from svn on 8.7.2009
connected via dvi-hdmi adapter to a fullhd tv

Thanks,
Jake77

The same happens to me now, only that Im also not getting a full screen of the movie. Xbmc is shrunk in the upper left, leaving the rest of the TV black.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54402

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Only having xbmc in the upper left means you need to adjust the calibration in XBMC to get a proper overscan done for that mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] VDPAU & Adjust refresh rate errorblocks?0