[LINUX] Best DVB-T card for Tvheadend?
Hello ,

I'm looking for little bit of experimenting with new Ubuntu and while i'm at it i'd like to get liveTV working inside XBMC. I looked at MythTV and TVheadend and would like to get one of them working under new Ubuntu. Now i'm at odds which DVB-T card to buy... i have AvertMedia dvb-t card which is piece of junk and would like to avoid buying something alike if i can. I'm in EU if that's important , and would like to have dual tuner if possible but NOT required. What i'm most after is driver/linux support and picture quality. What is the most used, best supported EU DVB-T card out there ?

Thanks for suggestions !!!

EDIT -> I'm looking at Hauppauge Nova T-500. Seems popular and supported by newer Ubuntu/MythTv. Anything negative i should know before i pull the trigger ? Thanks
Did you finally go for the hauppauge? Does it work ok?

I also want a simple DVB-T card that works fine in ubuntu. Mostly to be used to record the few things that I watch on telly and later play them (through xbmc if possible) Laugh

Any recommendations? The only thing I would like is HD support. I would prefer it PCI but usb should not be a problem anyway...

Regards,
nobody can say anything? Any DVB-T card that works fine in ubuntu?

Regards,
pilluli Wrote:nobody can say anything? Any DVB-T card that works fine in ubuntu?
Loads of info for you to read here:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Most of the Hauppauge cards use Conexant cx88 chipsets which are supported (in even the latest incarnations) in Linux Kernels 2.6.28 and later (if memory serves).

...I think I needed 2.6.28 to have my Nova-S2 HD PCI card work without specially compiled kernel modules.

My Nova-T and Nova-T500 PCI cards have been supported for donkeys' years.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Best DVB-T card for Tvheadend?0