How to clear library information?
Okay.. I've searched through the forums and can't find anything about this. I've tried the 'clean library' thing, but that just seems to do nothing, as all the files are still there.

I want to clear it and re-add my music library, but this is starting to become a real pain. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it.
hehe. "Clean DB" does what it says: It cleans the db, that is remove entries no longer available, compressing the db,... If you want to start with a clear db, just delete the db file "MyMusic..." in your xbmc profile folder.

EDIT: or simply clean and rescan which would have the same effect.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A much easier way for noobies:

1) go to file mode (in XBMC)
2) select a source
3) change the source type to 'none'

You will then be asked if you want to delete all the content associated with this source (delete it from the library). choose YES

4) set the source type back as it was previously

5) Repeat the steps 2-4 for each source you see fit.
AnalogKid Wrote:A much easier way for noobies:

1) go to file mode (in XBMC)
2) select a source
3) change the source type to 'none'

You will then be asked if you want to delete all the content associated with this source (delete it from the library). choose YES

4) set the source type back as it was previously

5) Repeat the steps 2-4 for each source you see fit.

So simple, so brilliant.
I personally prefer to go into my \userdata\Database folder and delete the relevant files "MyVideos34.db" (Movies/TV) and "MyMusic7.db" (Music), I would say definitely do this if your db is corrupt

You can delete the whole "Database" folder if you want to go back to a completely clean state along with the "Thumbnails" folder
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to clear library information?0