How to update XBMCLive to SVN PPA's and Bleeding Edge
please have a look at the SVN thread, XBMC is not building at the moment

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+ar.../+packages
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
the script on my signature can compile from svn trunk, its designed to work on minimal installs stripped like xbmclive type.

Please dont use it on kde or gnome installs unless you know how the script works.
Thanks for the replies so far. If I get my act together I will be updating XBMC Live to the latest SVN this week.
Something that has just occurred to me. What happens to the media database, will this stay intact. And I did think of copying the database just in case.
And is it better to copy the whole database directory or should I just copy the .db files.
If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.
Me again.
Decided to bite the bullet or should it be byte the bullet.
Will let you know how I got on. Fingers crossed.
And hopefully tomorrow no angry kids because daddy is playing about the the XBMC again :mad:

Update

Doesn't work.

All I get is the XBMC loading then a flashing cursor. Followed the instructions in the first post.
I can get in to the recovery console after I switch off and switch on. So do I have to re-install 9.11 live or are there other options.
I guess the kids won't be too happy.
Might eventually go for a complete Linux install and then XBMC after. Don't know. Might go the XBMCFreak route for that and then do an upgrade to the latest XBMC version
If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update XBMCLive to SVN PPA's and Bleeding Edge0